Free copy of Midnight Club 2 on Steam expires May 15, 2012

#1 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Join the Official Rockstar Games Community on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames by 10 am Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, and receive one non-giftable copy of Midnight Club 2 in your Steam account.

Eligibility: User must have a Steam account with at least one successful purchase in the account. The offer is not available to users who already own Midnight Club 2.

Notice: This game does not support Windows 7 or Windows Vista. There's discussion about getting it working in the Steam forum, but it may come with side effects.

#2 Edited by Djstyles92 (953 posts) -

free things? Consider me joined

edit: Nevermind, I havent bought a game on steam and I have windows 7....fuck that

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@louiedog said:

Eligibility: User must have a Steam account with at least one successful purchase in the account. The offer is not available to users who already own Midnight Club 2.

Turns out they mean "you actually have to have bought a game", not necessarily "your account has to have a game on it". I'm saying this because I thought the warning was just there to prevent people from registering solely for the game.

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

From the Midnight Club 2 Steam page: "Notice: This game does not support Windows 7 or Windows Vista."

That's Reeeeeeaaaaaaal nice of you RockStar. Give everyone a free game that 99% of people can't even run. I'm sure there must be a way to hack it into running on Vista or 7, but no one is going to bother doing that for a mediocre 10 year old racing game.

#5 Edited by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Sweet! Gonna get my Midnight Club on!

@MattyFTM said:

From the Midnight Club 2 Steam page: "Notice: This game does not support Windows 7 or Windows Vista."

That's Reeeeeeaaaaaaal nice of you RockStar. Give everyone a free game that 99% of people can't even run. I'm sure there must be a way to hack it into running on Vista or 7, but no one is going to bother doing that for a mediocre 10 year old racing game.

Wait, waaat.

No Midnight Club for me :(

#6 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

Yeah. I saw that and just updated my post. There's some discussion in the steam forum about getting it working, but do so at your own risk.

#7 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I already have Midnight Club 2 on Steam from a Rockstar complete pack or something. I don't recall ever playing it.

#8 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

@louiedog said:

@MattyFTM said:

Yeah. I saw that and just updated my post. There's some discussion in the steam forum about getting it working, but do so at your own risk.

Yeah, as I said, there are sure to be hacks that will get it running. But I can't imagine many people will want to go to that effort just to play Midnight Club 2. I might do it, just because I like messing with PC games and tweaking/hacking them into optimal performance, but the majority of people aren't going to bother.

#9 Posted by Forcen (1830 posts) -

Just saw this on another site. Last time i saw this game in motion was a video review when it was new. But i'm gonna give it a shot now.

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Not worth trying to run an old game for widows 7 so I'll pass.

#11 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (374 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up.

#12 Edited by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -

Anyone who joined the Rockstar group for this offer should now see the game in their Steam library. It seems to work fine for me on Windows 7 without messing with anything.

#13 Posted by 49th (2765 posts) -

I just realised this is 2 weeks old after signing up for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.