Midtown Madness was a 3D racing game developed by Angel Studios released in 1999 by Microsoft Game Studios for PC.
The entire game takes place entirely in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Although it is a scaled down version featuring famous landmarks such as: Buckingham Fountain, Adler Planetarium, Soldier Field, Wrigley Field, and Shedd Aquarium.
There are 10 vehicles you can drive. Five of them are unlocked from the start, the other 5 of them are locked with specific requirements to unlock.
VW New Beetle - The nimble New Beetle ducks through narrow shortcuts and zips around heavy traffic.
City Bus (locked) - Take the wheel of the massive bus, make your own rules for public transportation!
Cadillac Eldorado - Elegant, classy, high performance--with a knack for the occasional "off-road' experience.
Ford Mustang Cruiser (locked) - Smoke down the highways and power-slide around corners in this tough guy.
Ford F-350 - Tough steel survives urban abuse, muscles heavy traffic, and climbs stairs with ease.
Ford Mustang Fastback (locked) - The classic muscle car: clean lines and straight-line speed!d!
Ford Mustang GT - The new Ford Mustang GT packs a potent punch with it's powerful V-8 engine.
Panoz GTR-1 (locked) - Climb into the cockpit and rocket past traffic--but don't let the cops see you.
Panoz Roadster - Race this sporty baby for a thrill in stylish speed and responsive handling.
Freightliner Century (locked) - Throw around pure muscle and mass to take undisputed ownership of the road.
There is support for multiplayer for LAN and IP games
- Race (Checkpoint / Blitz)
- Cops & Robbers
- Multimedia PC with Pentium 200 or a Pentium 166 with 3D accelerator
- Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 operating system
- 16MB of RAM for Windows 95 or Windows 98, 32MB recommended; 32MB of RAM for Windows 2000
- 300 MB of available hard-disk space
- Double speed CD-ROM drive, quad-speed recommended Super VGA 16-bit color monitor
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device; joystick or steering wheel recommended
- MS DirectSound 6.0 API compatible sound card with speakers or headphones for audio