I wish Paper Boy was in this compilation.

#1 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

I completely missed out on buying it for XBLA, and as far as I can tell, nobody's selling codes for it anymore...I lucked out and got a Robotron code free with some MS points on Amazon, and I love Total Carnage...I just wish I could deliver the paper.

#2 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

Agreed. Real shame.

Klax would have been a nice addition as well.

#3 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

I agree, though its not a total let down as far as compilations go

#4 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@buft said:

I agree, though its not a total let down as far as compilations go

Oh, absolutely. Overall, it's an excellent collection, I just would have liked Paper Boy, is all.

#5 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

Does anyone know an estimated price on this compilation? Surely it isn't 60. I'd pay 30-40 for it maybe...

#6 Posted by Timnoldzim (86 posts) -

So that's the final tally of games then? That's a little disappointing. I was under the impression that they were going to announce more later on.

#7 Posted by sodacat (217 posts) -

I wish it wasn't done by Backbone, but you can't have everything.

#8 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@sodacat said:

Backbone does good work. Just look to any number of their XBLA ports. SotN in particular.

#9 Posted by sodacat (217 posts) -

@GreggD said:

@sodacat said:

Backbone does good work. Just look to any number of their XBLA ports. SotN in particular.

Trust me, I know their work, and it's awful. It has improved over time, yes, but it's an incredibly gradual improvement, and it's still not good. If you want to see what good work looks like pick up one of M2's ports. Their work hasn't improved over time because they got everything right the first time. (OK their netcode for the first run of Neo Geo games was terrible outside of Japan, but they fixed that on later releases)

#10 Posted by SuperSambo (2879 posts) -

Why are people so excited about this?

It has already been released on the Xbox.

#11 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@sodacat: Care to list some of their bad efforts?

@SuperSambo said:

Why are people so excited about this?

It has already been released on the Xbox.

Yes, but it is now on modern consoles, with achievement/trophy support.

#12 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I understand your paper boy related woes but.. Smash TV!

#13 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@destruktive said:

I understand your paper boy related woes but.. Smash TV!

I'd be more excited for that if I didn't already own the XBLA version. Total Carnage, on the other hand...

#14 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

@GreggD: As someone who can't buy the XBLA version, the prospect of playing Smash TV in HD excites the hell out of me.

#15 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@destruktive: Oh yeah, I'd feel the same way. I just happen to own the game already, so it's just my personal feeling. I'm in the same boat as you, just about Paper Boy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.