Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 31, 1999

The seventh game of the Might and Magic series would return to the questions raised at the end of Might and Magic III and the missing party that had disappeared in their pursuit of the mysterious Corak. On the world of Colony, they would face and even greater evil.

For Might and Magic A Might and Magic VII Tale of Might and Magic

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By TwoLines

Bought Might and Magic VII from GoG, so hey, I thought I'll document my playthrough with some screenshots and put it on my blog. It's my first time with these kind of games, so I think this is going to be fun. 

With four strangers I stepped out on land of Emerald Island, not knowing what to expect. We entered a scavenging tournamnet to win a castle in a foreign land. 
    Clearly, a scavenging tournament is the best kind of tournament, action, advanture and danger(?) await. I present to you my four party members: 

A rather unfortunate picture of Babal 
    So, yes. From what I gathered, two of them are rather slow. Babal is practically a tomato, barely functioning as it is, Dumpling is an idiot, but at least fun to be around. 
    And then there's this half crazed Sorcerer (Sorceress?) named Xonliana. Oh yes, there's also Pontley, but he's wasted most of the time. So yeah, we leave the ship, and the first person we meet... 
    No Caption Provided
    ...is some kind of transvestite that wants to sell his services to us. Babal is shocked. 

No Caption Provided
    Or aroused. I don't know. That guy communicates using only his giant eyebrows. 
    So we go look for the items, and the first thing we see are, like, million of dragonflies.  

This screenshot doesn't show how many of them are there, but believe me, dear reader, there are many 
    This screenshot doesn't show how many of them are there, but believe me, dear reader, there are many 
    Clearly we made a big mistake. A miscalculation of grand proportions. Xonliana kills a few with her fire thingy, because, you know, of course she does, that crazy...lady. 
    So after that we back the hell up to the city. Let the goddamn guards take care of these guys. We, of course, help them with fire and swords and all that. 

No Caption Provided
    We then make a trip to the local healer. Xonliana is dead, and Dumpling is seriously getting on my nerves with all that whining about her open wounds, geez. 
    The attacks (and retreats) continue. After the fourth one we decide to hit the hay at the local tavern. Pontley gets smashed with four bottles of dwarven moonshine. 
     I don't even know what Babal is doing there
    After that, we return to the battleground, and kill the remaining dragonflies. A couple of guards die (and some peasants, but come on, screw those guys), but we reach the treasure of the storehouse in the woods. 

No Caption Provided
    In it, some items needed for the scavenger hunt! And a whole lot of gold! Bitchin'. 
    After we return to the town, we meet a shady guy who offers Xonliana a wand of destruction for a favor in the future. 
    Xonliana says "Okay" because hey, why wouldn't she. It's not like  these things can come back to bite you in the ass. 
    Yeah, sure, don't think about it. Just, you know, take the wand from the fucking mobster why don't you. Jesus Christers. 

So, next up, we have to go to the Temple of the Moon for the next item. We cross the bridge and meet some fellow scavengers. 
     We talk about some of the items needed for the hunt... 
    No Caption Provided
    ...clearly, Brent, you are an idiot. You may even be dumber than Babal. But I'm not going to tell you why, because you'll never learn that way.   

We also meet a lady bard, and a professional hippie, that would like to play us songs of glory while we fight. 
    Dumpling, being the sweet idiot of the group, invites her to travel with us. A hippie. Traveling with us. For money. 
    Dumpling, we need to talk. 

Anyway...
    Onwards to the temple! 

As we fight trough a mass of bats and spiders, we arrive to find some guards in a huge librairy. We take the tile needed for the hunt, and we get out of there.  
    No Caption Provided
    So yeah, that wasn't too bad. So, these are getting pretty easy. Does that mean the next one will just be handed to me?

The final item lies in a cave.  
    No Caption Provided
     This looks okay. 
    No Caption Provided
    Oh God. 
    No Caption Provided
    Oh Christ.
    NOPE. 
    I went for the item, and got the fuck out of there. 

With all the items collected, I went back to the man responsible for the tournament. 

An earlier screenshot 
    An earlier screenshot 
    Hey, I won! I have an effing castle now. Sweet! I got my peeps on a boat (motherfucker), and off we go!  

Yep, that's it for now. Maybe I'll update this blog with some more adventurous adventures of my adventurers. 
    The game's definitely fun though, and if you like old games, and open world games, I advise you to check it out.  
    Oh, and this is a dramatized verion of what happened, party members do not have their own personality.
    Peace!
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TwoLines

Bought Might and Magic VII from GoG, so hey, I thought I'll document my playthrough with some screenshots and put it on my blog. It's my first time with these kind of games, so I think this is going to be fun. 

With four strangers I stepped out on land of Emerald Island, not knowing what to expect. We entered a scavenging tournamnet to win a castle in a foreign land. 
    Clearly, a scavenging tournament is the best kind of tournament, action, advanture and danger(?) await. I present to you my four party members: 

So, yes. From what I gathered, two of them are rather slow. Babal is practically a tomato, barely functioning as it is, Dumpling is an idiot, but at least fun to be around. 
    And then there's this half crazed Sorcerer (Sorceress?) named Xonliana. Oh yes, there's also Pontley, but he's wasted most of the time. So yeah, we leave the ship, and the first person we meet... 
    No Caption Provided
    ...is some kind of transvestite that wants to sell his services to us. Babal is shocked. 

No Caption Provided
    Or aroused. I don't know. That guy communicates using only his giant eyebrows. 
    So we go look for the items, and the first thing we see are, like, million of dragonflies.  

Clearly we made a big mistake. A miscalculation of grand proportions. Xonliana kills a few with her fire thingy, because, you know, of course she does, that crazy...lady. 
    So after that we back the hell up to the city. Let the goddamn guards take care of these guys. We, of course, help them with fire and swords and all that. 

No Caption Provided
    We then make a trip to the local healer. Xonliana is dead, and Dumpling is seriously getting on my nerves with all that whining about her open wounds, geez. 
    The attacks (and retreats) continue. After the fourth one we decide to hit the hay at the local tavern. Pontley gets smashed with four bottles of dwarven moonshine. 
    After that, we return to the battleground, and kill the remaining dragonflies. A couple of guards die (and some peasants, but come on, screw those guys), but we reach the treasure of the storehouse in the woods. 

No Caption Provided
    In it, some items needed for the scavenger hunt! And a whole lot of gold! Bitchin'. 
    After we return to the town, we meet a shady guy who offers Xonliana a wand of destruction for a favor in the future. 
    Xonliana says "Okay" because hey, why wouldn't she. It's not like  these things can come back to bite you in the ass. 
    Yeah, sure, don't think about it. Just, you know, take the wand from the fucking mobster why don't you. Jesus Christers. 

So, next up, we have to go to the Temple of the Moon for the next item. We cross the bridge and meet some fellow scavengers. 
     We talk about some of the items needed for the hunt... 
    No Caption Provided
    ...clearly, Brent, you are an idiot. You may even be dumber than Babal. But I'm not going to tell you why, because you'll never learn that way.   

We also meet a lady bard, and a professional hippie, that would like to play us songs of glory while we fight. 
    Dumpling, being the sweet idiot of the group, invites her to travel with us. A hippie. Traveling with us. For money. 
    Dumpling, we need to talk. 

Anyway...
    Onwards to the temple! 

As we fight trough a mass of bats and spiders, we arrive to find some guards in a huge librairy. We take the tile needed for the hunt, and we get out of there.  
    No Caption Provided
    So yeah, that wasn't too bad. So, these are getting pretty easy. Does that mean the next one will just be handed to me?

The final item lies in a cave.  
    No Caption Provided
     This looks okay. 
    No Caption Provided
    Oh God. 
    No Caption Provided
    Oh Christ.
    NOPE. 
    I went for the item, and got the fuck out of there. 

With all the items collected, I went back to the man responsible for the tournament. 

An earlier screenshot 
    An earlier screenshot 
    Hey, I won! I have an effing castle now. Sweet! I got my peeps on a boat (motherfucker), and off we go!  

Yep, that's it for now. Maybe I'll update this blog with some more adventurous adventures of my adventurers. 
    The game's definitely fun though, and if you like old games, and open world games, I advise you to check it out.  
    Oh, and this is a dramatized verion of what happened, party members do not have their own personality.
    Peace!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.