Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Might and Magic

Franchise »

The party based RPG series and the turn based strategy games created by John Van Canghem and New World Computing Now property of Ubisoft after NWC went out of business in 2003.

Might and Magic modding

evilCON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By evilCON

Looks like guys from Russia decided to do some work on the classic Might and Magic games. If I understand well, for this purpose, they have some powerful modding tools. The currently ongoing projects include:

• Might and Magic 8.5 - an extended version of original Might and Magic VIII: the Day of the Destroyer, which includes new classes, spells, abilities, graphics and more;
    • Might and Magic 6,7,8 remake in which the authors plan to merge three MM games into one, humongous adventure.

They also have some finished MM mods: Might and Magic 7: Maestro mod, Might and Magic 6: The Chaos Conspiracy.

I've heard of MM8.5 project some time ago and thought it no longer exists. Seems I was wrong. I wish them luck and must say that I can't wait to see the results of this endeavour.

You can follow their progress in mmgames.ru

evilCON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By evilCON

Looks like guys from Russia decided to do some work on the classic Might and Magic games. If I understand well, for this purpose, they have some powerful modding tools. The currently ongoing projects include:

• Might and Magic 8.5 - an extended version of original Might and Magic VIII: the Day of the Destroyer, which includes new classes, spells, abilities, graphics and more;
    • Might and Magic 6,7,8 remake in which the authors plan to merge three MM games into one, humongous adventure.

They also have some finished MM mods: Might and Magic 7: Maestro mod, Might and Magic 6: The Chaos Conspiracy.

I've heard of MM8.5 project some time ago and thought it no longer exists. Seems I was wrong. I wish them luck and must say that I can't wait to see the results of this endeavour.

You can follow their progress in mmgames.ru

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I'm more a Xeen person but I'm happy these games are still getting attention from hard cores. Looking forward to hearing updates about this.

Seems they're concentrating on the new stuff.  My dream's to have something where you could basically create your own older-school MM style game with whatever graphics and rules you could come up with. Not really concerned if no one would want to play it. I would! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.