Hey, this game is supposed to be really good.

#1 Posted by Food (385 posts) -

Just so you guys know.  It's not getting a lot of attention.

It has an 86 on metacritic.

Tycho from Penny Arcade says "I took it from room to room yesterday in the office - like a wandering monk in possession of a mysterious relic, the agent of its gentle profundity."  Which seems like it means he likes it.

So go buy it dawgz.

#2 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

I would, if I wasn't planning on getting Phantasy Star Zero.

#3 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I'll check it out, I guess.

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11904 posts) -

Yeah, I'm sure it's pretty good. Bejeweled+Turn Based Strategy sounds like a decent mix. However, my and everyone else's beef with the game stems from the fact that it is Ubisoft's continued bastardization of the Might and Magic franchise from a series of stellar (and not so stellar) RPGs and Turn Based Strategy games to a bunch of spinoffs that aren't exactly going to appeal to the same crowd.

#5 Posted by Food (385 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" Yeah, I'm sure it's pretty good. Bejeweled+Turn Based Strategy sounds like a decent mix. However, my and everyone else's beef with the game stems from the fact that it is Ubisoft's continued bastardization of the Might and Magic franchise from a series of stellar (and not so stellar) RPGs and Turn Based Strategy games to a bunch of spinoffs that aren't exactly going to appeal to the same crowd. "
I'll agree with you that it's strange what they're doing.  Anyone for whom the might and magic name means anything is going to know enough about the series to realize that these new games don't really fit in it.  But......... it's still a good game regardless of what they're calling it.
#6 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

It's awesome. I played it at Penny Arcade Expo 2009 and i definitely saw the addictive quality that people have been pointing out. I gave it a second tier berth on this list.

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11904 posts) -
@Food: You're probably right. However, I am too much of a rabid fanboy (though not as rabid as the bitter PC elitists and eastern europeans that frequent Might and Magic forums. Stay far away from those people) to buy it at full price and feel good about myself, not to mention I still have to get Christmas Presents for friends and such. Maybe when or if I can find it at $20, but not right now.
#8 Posted by Mesklinite (807 posts) -

The game is wicked!
#9 Posted by JJOR64 (19017 posts) -

I might have to check it out some time.

#10 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

I heard Justin McElroy from Joystiq.com say good things about this game. Still, he made fun of the game's title for sounding so ridiculously generic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.