demo out now

#1 Posted by akeripper4 (153 posts) -
#2 Edited by ToastMan (91 posts) -

Downloading this now. Anyone already had the chance of playing this? Does this feel anything like HoMM3? Or at least 5?

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -

Yea this is the second demo, there was one a few weeks earlier. I did a writeup of that.
They seemed to have fixed a huge amount of issues in this new version, some core stuff remains however like the town screens.

@ToastMan
It's very derivative of 5 basically taking that game and working on top of it, there are smoe significant mechanic changes however and I'm not sure if those will work out for the better or worse yet.
Atm I prefer 5 to this. But we will see.

#4 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -

If they ever manage to achieve the same degree of awesomeness as HOMM 3 had it will be the best TBS ever. 

I know they probably won't even come close, but I silently hope they will take a step in that direction.

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -
@eldiax: If anything 6 is taking steps away from that direction, way away.
#6 Posted by poveren (85 posts) -

Played the hell out of it over the weekend with a few friends. Collectively we've put in probably 5k hours in HoMM3. All three of us agreed that this game is looking very solid, closer to HoMM 3 than 5.

#7 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4282 posts) -

@poveren: Thanks for sharing. I've been on the fence about this game for a while and seeing you say that nudges me a bit towards buying it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.