Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Might & Magic Heroes VI

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

Might & Magic Heroes VI is the sixth installment in the long running spin-off of the Might & Magic saga. This is the first game of the series to be developed by Black Hole Entertainment.

Multiplayer? Coop?

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jecrell

I was wondering if anyone knew about the multiplayer capabilities of this game. I saw in a gameplay trailer they mentioned that it has hot seat multiplayer with two friends, and I'm wondering what that means. 

Is there coop? 
    How many people can play multiplayer and what kinds of modes are there? 
    If there's a max cap of players, can people spectate? 

Thanks guys

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Erm have you played any of the HoMM series before?
    It's a turn based strategy.
    There is no coop per-se.
    There is multiplayer with upto 8 players (at least that's what in the beta so far)  any of the players can be substituted for AI or disabled.
    You can create any number of teams, so yes in that way you can be in an alliance with another player.
    Spectator mode is not in the demo, but honestly this is not a kind of game that needs spectator slots.

As far as modes go I'm not sure, there are 3 options atm plus custom settings, but I'm still going through the beta since it was only released yesterday. 

EDIT: forgot to mention - yes there is hotseat functionality

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Tennmuerti said:
    Erm have you played any of the HoMM series before? It's a turn based strategy. There is no coop per-se. There is multiplayer with upto 8 players (at least that's what in the beta so far)  any of the players can be substituted for AI or disabled. You can create any number of teams, so yes in that way you can be in an alliance with another player. Spectator mode is not in the demo, but honestly this is not a kind of game that needs spectator slots.  As far as modes go I'm not sure, there are 3 options atm plus custom settings, but I'm still going through the beta since it was only released yesterday.

What this gentleman said. Maybe you're getting a misrepresentation of this game, but as far as I can tell Heroes VI is still probably a turn based strategy game. And it's way too slow for any sort of spectator mode. If you want to really take a look, the first 4 games of the series are on Good Old Games, and the 5th one is on steam.
    Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jecrell
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    @Tennmuerti said:
    Erm have you played any of the HoMM series before? It's a turn based strategy. There is no coop per-se. There is multiplayer with upto 8 players (at least that's what in the beta so far)  any of the players can be substituted for AI or disabled. You can create any number of teams, so yes in that way you can be in an alliance with another player. Spectator mode is not in the demo, but honestly this is not a kind of game that needs spectator slots.  As far as modes go I'm not sure, there are 3 options atm plus custom settings, but I'm still going through the beta since it was only released yesterday.
    What this gentleman said. Maybe you're getting a misrepresentation of this game, but as far as I can tell Heroes VI is still probably a turn based strategy game. And it's way too slow for any sort of spectator mode. If you want to really take a look, the first 4 games of the series are on Good Old Games, and the 5th one is on steam.  
    That's okay, I just figured I'd ask because this kind of information isn't exactly readily available. I played the demo for the last game, I just had no idea what the multiplayer element is like in the series, and I figured I'd ask because of the public beta being available now and all.  

As for spectating, I beg to differ my good gentle sirs! Forget ye not the legacy of chess -- my god... the intensity!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.