Pure PC game

#1 Posted by chrisone (43 posts) -
#2 Posted by Sputty (143 posts) -

This game only supports towers. No laptops and especially not those weird ones that are like flat that schools like to have and they put the monitor on the computer. Fuck those things.

#3 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -

How do you even decide that's a good idea?

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11792 posts) -

Fuck. I have a laptop. And I bought this game. This is going to end poorly, isn't it?

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

hahaha

#6 Posted by chrisone (43 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater: It did for me at least.. Black screen. Only way out is a hard reset. I hope you have better luck :p

But this is fucking crazy, a lot of people cant start their game, and ubisoft's all like "you should have checked out the system requirements"

Fuck'em

#7 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I was looking forward to this, then saw it was Ubi... Sigh, why must so many awesome games be Ubi?

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

That doesn't sound very economically viable. Oh hey let's ignore the vast majority of computers out there. No one uses those silly laptops!

#9 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Ubisoft and PC games 
I feel like they aren't working that well together...

#10 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Probably gonna pick this up in a sale, no way it's worth full price to me. The demo wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be, just clunky.

#11 Posted by poveren (86 posts) -

I for one think the game is great. Also, system specs are quite low. I'm pretty sure they'll release a bunch of patches that'll include proper laptop support.

#12 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

Played the shit out of the demo.
But now the real thing out I'm swamped with other games :(
Sigh, I need to finish Dark Souls.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Is this the type of thing you can patch? Or am I a dumbass? Or both?

#14 Posted by Beforet (2922 posts) -

Wait, how do you not support laptops? At this point, what is the difference between a laptop and a desktop that allows for that?

#15 Posted by Seedofpower (3931 posts) -

@Beforet said:

Wait, how do you not support laptops? At this point, what is the difference between a laptop and a desktop that allows for that?

I don't know also. Sounds like he tired installing it on a mac book or something.

#16 Posted by coakroach (2491 posts) -

OR

How about I just play Heroes 3?

#17 Posted by chrisone (43 posts) -

@Seedofpower: Nope, all nvidia cards that ends with an M are not supported in the game. That usually means the game is unplayable, with you getting a black screen and need to hard reset (depending on the driver) or the game just forces your video card driver to restart.

#18 Edited by Mcfart (1626 posts) -

It can't be that difficult to support the higher-end laptop GPU's these days; all the other games do it. They use nearly identical drivers to the desktop versions, and the CPU's are simply lower clocked versions of the desktop CPU.

Lol at these guys.

#19 Posted by The_Big_Rough (225 posts) -

hahaha.......this.....doesn't.....even......make......sense

#20 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

I'm playing it fine maxed out on my laptop.
But I do have and ATI card.

Guess they fucked up with mobile Nvidia cards

#21 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5019 posts) -

@coakroach said:

OR

How about I just play Heroes 3?

Great idea... now I wanna play Heroes 3.

#22 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1880 posts) -

Wait, really? But I figured the game's cartoonish, Torchlight/WoW-esque art style was designed specifically with low end compatibility in mind. How is this even...?

#23 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

Do the regedit thing (gewgle it). Worked for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.