Try out the multiplayer in HoMM VI?

#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Hey guys, I'm testing this game out for a potential TNT tomorrow. If anyone has some time tonight jump into the "enemykite" game. The password is "giantbomb". Never played one of these multi before so I will most certainly lose.

#2 Posted by Savage (321 posts) -

No sign of the game for me. I only see about 2 - 5 games available at any one time on the list, and no enemykite so far.

#3 Posted by Bakaneko (61 posts) -

I got the first game.

I'm am very glad this was a test and not being recorded so my humiliating defeat is not recorded for posterity. :)

#4 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

@Bakaneko said:

I got the first game.

I'm am very glad this was a test and not being recorded so my humiliating defeat is not recorded for posterity. :)

Ha. I'm pretty sure we both did horrible.

#5 Posted by Savage (321 posts) -

I got into what must have been the second game. We did a skirmish instead of a duel. Took about 15 minutes for us each to take our first 2 turns, so rather than staying up all night playing it out, we called it a game there. Fun game, but painfully slow having to wait on every turn for the other player to finish all of their actions before you're allowed to do anything at all (can't even check your hero's skill tree). Probably need something with way less downtime for a TNT.

#6 Posted by BisonHero (6407 posts) -

@Savage said:

Fun game, but painfully slow having to wait on every turn for the other player to finish all of their actions before you're allowed to do anything at all (can't even check your hero's skill tree). Probably need something with way less downtime for a TNT.

Yeah, that has been the problem plaguing the HoMM games since their inception. They're pretty neat games, but being turn-based, multiplayer games tend to take ages. If you have a TNT only showing the Giant Bomb guys, things will be pretty dull gameplay-wise, as it will be lots and lots of waiting.

#7 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1178 posts) -

If you're going to do a TNT for this, you should stick with duels. Regular games will probably take way too long, might be able to get 1-2 in if you do 1v1 on a small map like that bridge map.

#8 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I can't speak for anyone else but Im still playing through the first (necro) campaign. This game is long as shit. So I guess everyone will be necros. But you should be the sharkpeople, snide. They're new.

#9 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -

There doesn't really seem to be that big of an audience for HoMM6  on GB
Coupled with the fact that it's TBS and normal games take forever. (duels are nice but they are only part of the series)
I'm a huge HoMM fanboy. But not sure if it's suited for TNT

But hey if you decide to go thgough with it. i'll definately try to join up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.