Total Re-Call the Vote

• 65 results
Posted by StarvingGamer (8457 posts) 11 months, 3 days ago

Poll: Total Re-Call the Vote (265 votes)

Call E 69%
Call F 17%
Call H 14%

The top three designs for Call have been fleshed out to varying degrees and backers are now voting on her final design. Which one would you vote for? I'm 99% certain that F is going to win even though I'd prefer E. She's the only one with pants!

#1 Posted by Hunter5024 (5892 posts) -

F's eyes are too creepy, and H shows a bit too much robo skin for me, so I'd vote for E, but I think the other two could be fixed pretty easily.

#2 Posted by ThunderSlash (1906 posts) -

E. She's the only one out of the three that seems to fit with the name "Call." She's also got a sweet ear piece. Plus, she doesn't look like a derivative of Roll.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (5239 posts) -

Out of those 3, E but I liked a different one when they announced like 15 design choices

#4 Edited by TruthTellah (9396 posts) -

E looks classy as puppy. I hope she wins.

F looks like she might murder us all. Those eyes. Those cold, heartless eyes. Such a yandere stare...

H well.... H... ya know, besides the high skirt, I don't really have any problem with H. Seems like Mega Man's little sister.

#5 Posted by csl316 (9237 posts) -

I like F, as long as I don't stare directly into the murder eyes.

#6 Posted by 49th (2813 posts) -

F looks a bit too chibi while H is just too child-like.

E looks like a professional robolady. (or something from a pokemon game)

#7 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5073 posts) -

F because she's the cutest. So F you!

#8 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2561 posts) -

E looks like she killed Tails and threw him on her head.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Depends on what they're going for. If they're going for an Astro Boy, 40s kitsch vibe, then the first Call fits perfectly in with that. Complete Mega Man clone, balls to the wind? Then the middle Call is just fine. Still, I have to vote for the last Call, even if she technically has hooves.

#10 Posted by StarvingGamer (8457 posts) -

E looks like she killed Tails and threw him on her head.

Hahaha, at first I was like WTF is he talking about then I looked and you're right!

#11 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

How is robo flight attendant winning?

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15091 posts) -

I think F is the best one.

#13 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I still don't get why people like F..

I voted H.

#14 Posted by Vuud (2035 posts) -

F looks the most megaman-ish. The other two look like they have hooves and that's weird.

#15 Posted by ILikePopCans (766 posts) -

I like H more but Im fine with E

#16 Edited by Zeik (2652 posts) -

Definitely H.

I actually kind of like E less than I did before. That color choice is...off.

#17 Posted by Strife777 (1610 posts) -

Most definitely E. She actually looks like someone who would be backing you up at the homebase during a mission.

#18 Posted by Zeik (2652 posts) -

Most definitely E. She actually looks like someone who would be backing you up at the homebase during a mission.

But she's going to be playable too.

#19 Edited by HatKing (6058 posts) -

E has an interesting look. A little more military formal. I like it. F is typical over-designed bad anime bullshit. Let's slap as many accessories as we can into this space. It's a mess.

#20 Posted by Andorski (5351 posts) -

E was my choice from the start, although I had a hard time choosing between that and B:

The retractable hair/LED screens was a really cool idea. Gives new meaning to "Heads-Up Display".

#21 Edited by mlarrabee (3027 posts) -

F isn't professional. This isn't Casual Friday, F!

No robot should have fleshy pink legs. Sorry, H, only human beings get those.

E can get things done.

But I've never played Mega Man and most likely won't ever play MN9, so... do whacha want!

#22 Edited by FriendlyPhoenix (454 posts) -

E has been my favorite since the beginning and I'm sticking with it. I really like that design and I think it fits well with the support role.

#23 Edited by GaspoweR (3349 posts) -

Man, I don't get why only a few people likes H for some reason though I like E as well.

#24 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

I like E the most. H looks like a female version of Astro Boy.

#25 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5899 posts) -

I've voted for E from the beginning. Glad that design made it into the top 3.

#26 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

E, because look at that hat.

That sure is a cool hat.

#27 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -

I voted C from the start, but I'm okay with H.

#28 Edited by Sergio (2181 posts) -

I don't like E and H's stumpy leg-feet, so F.

#29 Posted by TruthTellah (9396 posts) -

I voted C from the start, but I'm okay with H.

Yeah, I liked the concept of Cut Man's daughter carrying on his legacy. A shame she didn't catch on.

#30 Posted by Brodehouse (10105 posts) -

The palette on H is so evocative of like... 1974. And that's why I vote H.

Actually no, I would like an entire game made in that style.

#31 Posted by BisonHero (6789 posts) -

@zeik said:

Definitely H.

I actually kind of like E less than I did before. That color choice is...off.

Yeah, E should be blue/white. The weird red/yellow motif is awful.

I used to like H more but I'm not crazy on the colouring. I didn't expect her to be all leggy? I mean, her whole leg is one big metal hoof, it's just weird that the colouring isn't more indicative of a stocking. Now it just looks like H is wearing a minidress and is on her way to club to find a guy to fuck her tonight. I guess given the obvious hinge on H's knee, I expected her legs to be like, metallic coloured, or clearly painted metal. Trying to pass them off as skin tone is just like, the one colour that I don't think works at all with her design.

#32 Posted by micemoney (154 posts) -

I picked F because it seems like she would have more of a personality. She also looks like she'd kick some asses.

#33 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

Comcept...

My vote for E with H a follow-up.

#34 Posted by DoctorDonkey (397 posts) -

Well lets be realistic here, F is the only one that looks like she could be a playable character. The other two look like they would support you back at base.

#35 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

I would vote for E. The other ones looks kind of strange to me. Also I think the Blond/white Hair makes it XD

#36 Posted by Milkman (17172 posts) -

Whichever one wasn't drawn by a gosh darn woman!

I like E the best.

#37 Edited by Brendan (7982 posts) -

E

#38 Posted by GnaTSoL (836 posts) -

I wanna say F but she's obviously a tsundere which sours me up pretty bad...

So it seems I have to go with E.

#39 Posted by ESREVER (2703 posts) -

Oh geez, like i have a choice. (F)

Blonde hair green eyes will always win out for me.

E looks like she should be in a pokemon game.

#40 Posted by GunstarRed (5396 posts) -

Boo. I liked the one with the glasses and the big robo-pigtails. E is most definitely the best of these designs, it was my second favourite of all the original selection.

F looks like one of those anime Powerpuff girls from a few years back and H is one of the most boring character designs I think I have ever seen.

#41 Posted by ThatFrood (3376 posts) -

F is more in keeping with the artstyle.

I mean, I like E more, but if you look at Beck, he has those same creepy eyes.

#42 Edited by Flappy (2328 posts) -

E is easily the best. H doesn't do anything for me.

F is just Roll.

#43 Posted by Turambar (6842 posts) -

F has a hat. You always go with the hat.

#44 Edited by DystopiaX (5351 posts) -

I like F.

#45 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2425 posts) -

I knew E was going to win from the start.

I think they all suck, but then I didn't back the game.

#46 Posted by llamaegg (230 posts) -

Clearly Call E is best waifu. All other choices are wrong.

#47 Edited by Humanity (9825 posts) -

I'd like E if it continued into shorts or something the tight mini skirts seems impractical.

I like the head band thing and the bracelets. Just get rid of the scarf and put on some pants or something.

#48 Edited by StarvingGamer (8457 posts) -

Wow, I didn't think E would be this popular. Still, we'll have to wait and see where the backers end up falling. I still feel like F is an early favorite because of how much she evokes Roll.

#49 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#50 Posted by RazielCuts (2981 posts) -

F doesn't seem to fit the style they're going for, like she's too hip and 'cool' looking, wouldn't be out of place with Beat in a Jet Set Radio game, and those piercing zombie eyes are freaking me out.

H is too retro/Astro boy I think. It's 'classic' which is cool but yeah, I don't think it fits. She hasn't got much going on either, she's very plain.

E is the best overall as I like the navigator look but she seems a bit too muted? And maybe needs more detail to look more robotic? Not just the arms but maybe something for the hands/ legs like in B, they seem a bit skimmed over at the moment. They probably mostly concentrated on getting the outfit right which I think looks good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.