Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Miiverse Integration

Concept »

A Nintendo-operated social network that connected users with friends and similar players through Wii U and 3DS. Miiverse could also be accessed through any other internet-enabled device until its discontinuation in November 2017.

I think Nintendo owes Giant Bomb some royalties.

jehrco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jehrco

On the podcast they said that Miiverse is a great new idea that will be put into other consoles in the future. Which I find funny because isn't it just EXACTLY a feature that Giant Bomb has? A forum per game where anyone can say crazy things and it doesn't matter if you've played the game or not?

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Dark

Last I checked, Giantbomb didn't file a patent for this kind of thing as it would in no logical sense go through. So no.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

Nope.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

In that case, Giant Bomb owes GameFAQs some money too.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Hailinel said:

Nope.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeF

@jehrco said:

It was a joke guys. A bad one seeing as I had to explain it I guess. I just found it funny that it is super similar concept.

you know, forums/message board-type stuff with on the internet are not really a new thing so I don't really see how the obvious similarity would even be noteworthy to you - even in a jokey way.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

Giant Bomb needs to start labelling people who haven't played the game they're discussing.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Milkman said:

In that case, Giant Bomb owes GameFAQs some money too.

jehrco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jehrco

Hmm No way to delete a topic. So the shame of being not funny gets to hang around with me.

@LordAndrew said:

Giant Bomb needs to start labelling people who haven't played the game they're discussing.

However this is actually a good idea. Giant Bomb taps into steam, psn, xbl etc It should be possible to be able to automatically flag people when they talk about a game in its forum as having played the game. I don't know if that is worth anything but I think it would be interesting.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By alternate

Didn't bulletin boards and then usenet have a similar - one forum per topic deal Nothing new here.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordAndrew

@jehrco: Achievement tracking is dead on the new site, actually. It always breaks when Microsoft, Sony and Valve change things, so the feature is being dropped entirely.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan

@jehrco said:

Hmm No way to delete a topic. So the shame of being not funny gets to hang around with me.

@LordAndrew said:

However this is actually a good idea. Giant Bomb taps into steam, psn, xbl etc It should be possible to be able to automatically flag people when they talk about a game in its forum as having played the game. I don't know if that is worth anything but I think it would be interesting.

This isn't necessarily accurate. I've tried playing a bunch of games, and grew up playing lengthy sessions of games, I didn't own on machines I did not own.

jehrco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jehrco

It's never going to be 100% accurate because the website doesn't know I played a shit load of karnov in an Ames when I was a kid or that I was addicted to SmashTV in the corner of a smokey pool hall but it would be neat if there was a small icon for played and a slightly different one for played and a rank.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Hunter5024

@LordAndrew said:

@jehrco: Achievement tracking is dead on the new site, actually. It always breaks when Microsoft, Sony and Valve change things, so the feature is being dropped entirely.

Really? That sucks. I thought it was a pretty unanimously loved feature. The staff talks about getting S ranks all the time.

jehrco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jehrco

It's not their fault. IIRC every time there is a new Xbox experience Microsoft changes to API a little and breaks everything that seeds from it. Probably waiting for the relaunch to be fixed.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordAndrew

It's a good feature, but it relies on external data structures and breaks when they change. It can break at any time without notice, and stays that way until someone eventually figures out what's wrong and fixes it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.