Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Miiverse Integration

Concept »

A Nintendo-operated social network that connected users with friends and similar players through Wii U and 3DS. Miiverse could also be accessed through any other internet-enabled device until its discontinuation in November 2017.

Warawara Plaza appears to be bugged; won't refresh.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

I ran into a weird issue on the Wii U's Warawara Plaza a few days ago, and it still has yet to clear up. After weeks of it working without a hitch, I left town for a few days and when i came back, the plaza no longer updates. It doesn't display friends' Miis, all of the messages that pop up are generic Nintendo messages, the plaza isn't displaying games anyone is playing (just icons for things like Miiverse, the eShop, video chat, and so on), my Mii keeps telling me that I'm playing Scribblenauts Unlimited (I've been playing Ninja Gaiden 3 for the past several days), and it doesn't update to display new information. The Miiverse is unaffected, as far as I can tell.

What's more bizarre is that I called up Nintendo's support line, and they were completely baffled by the issue; it was forwarded to a supervisor who's supposed to get back to me in a day or two. But I actually just checked Google and found that others have been having the issue dating back to at least early December. There doesn't appear to be any clear way to resolve the issue.

Just thought I'd post this warning in case anyone else sees this happen on their own console.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Sounds like a goofy bug. Haven't had the issue myself, but I will keep this in mind if it happens.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hailinel

Searching around a bit more, it appears that the issue is specific to individual user accounts on the system. There is a fix, but it involves deleting the user account (not the NNID) and then creating a new account. The problem is that there are some games that will have their save data wiped if you do this (so I'd rather not do this).

I guess I'll have to see what the support rep has to say when I get the call.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Hopefully this isn't the part where Nintendo asks you to ship in your hard drive so they can tweak it and ship it back...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hailinel

@TooWalrus said:

Hopefully this isn't the part where Nintendo asks you to ship in your hard drive so they can tweak it and ship it back...

Nah. This is probably something that will be worked out in a firmware update. I figured that, with the number of bugs that there were in the launch console, I'd probably get hit by one eventually.

I can't wait to see the ways the firmware on Sony and Microsoft's next console start wigging out at launch.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

@Hailinel said:

@TooWalrus said:

Nah. This is probably something that will be worked out in a firmware update. I figured that, with the number of bugs that there were in the launch console, I'd probably get hit by one eventually.

I can't wait to see the ways the firmware on Sony and Microsoft's next console start wigging out at launch.

Oh definitely, unless they've got the games to back it up, I'm not going to be picking up new consoles at launch this time around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.