Web based Miiverse out now!

#1 Edited by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

The webbed based version of Miiverse is now available to use! Go to:

miiverse.nintendo.net

to use it. Posting this on my phone.

#2 Edited by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

Should note that it's still in Beta. Not all Miiverse features are available for the browser version.

#3 Edited by 71Ranchero (2765 posts) -

.net

#4 Edited by Thoseposers (785 posts) -

Sweet, i'm amazed that this wasn't put up during or immediately following a nintendo direct or anything

#5 Edited by Snail (8604 posts) -

I'm happy to see Nintendo develop a web app. They can really benefit from getting up to speed with modern online standards.

If I'm logging in to a website with my Nintendo Network ID account, maybe this is a step towards having it on a bunch of consoles, instead of being tied to just one. Here's hoping I'll be able to use the same Nintendo Network ID on my 3DS and on my Wii U some day.

One of the things that makes me hesitant to purchasing eShop games on my 3DS is the fear that if I lose it or something, I'm not sure how the re-downloading process would go on a another 3DS - though I think I'd probably end up bereft of both games and the console itself in that situation.

So yeah. It's good to see Nintendo getting on with the modern internet. A web app. Look at them.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24778 posts) -

I just posted to Miiverse from my PC. The layout is pretty basic/mobile-friendly, but for an initial release, it's looking pretty good.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I just posted to Miiverse from my PC. The layout is pretty basic/mobile-friendly, but for an initial release, it's looking pretty good.

Yeah, seems like it's mainly maid for phones/tablets. I really love it on PC for sure. Easy to navigate, faster to type with a keyboard.

#8 Edited by Fobwashed (2072 posts) -

I can finally get some actual screen grabs of miiverse stuff now =P

Here's some stuff I drew back when I was actually using my WiiU

Anyone else got some interesting/funny stuffs?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.