Sources Say Lionhead's Milo (And Kate) Has Been Scrapped

• 99 results
#51 Posted by xyzygy (9868 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" More Fable? Fuck that shit. I'd rather have a new Black & White. The Milo/Kate interaction fits that game so much more closely anyway since that's what inspired it in the first place. "
Hey, maybe that's what they're going to do. You're right though it does fit Black and White way more than Fable.
#52 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

Skittles got loose... :(

#53 Posted by wllmyrs (8 posts) -

dang-no nature versus nuture experiments on milo and kate

#54 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -
@Phished0ne: A lot of people don't seem to realize Kate is Milo's dog. But that's okay, because it makes their posts more fun to read.
#55 Posted by Junpei (714 posts) -

can't be too shocked that it wasn't an actual game. If the tech works though then there's no reason it can't be harnessed or licensed like a development or physics engine is for games

#56 Posted by JazzMaverick (108 posts) -

No surprise.. it was blatantly scripted.

#57 Posted by LiquidHelium (3 posts) -

Have your say here...

#58 Posted by Swick (222 posts) -
#59 Posted by tehplums (9 posts) -

The most recent demonstration I watched was very different from the original demos. All the interactions were cursor based, the Kinect had essentialy become a PC mouse. So I am not suprised by this potential
news.

I saw it on YouTube. Molyneux was demoing it at a University I think. The primary control was moving a small bubble with your hand and "clicking."

#60 Posted by ZebN (44 posts) -

Too bad, I was interested to see how this would turn out.

#61 Posted by Mitch0712 (452 posts) -

I always hear about things being "scrapped, canceled, and pulled" from Lionhead news

#62 Posted by afrofools (1312 posts) -

surprise-surprise-surprise (ooh-double negative!)

#63 Posted by DT9k (112 posts) -

Man, nobody saw that coming

#64 Posted by sbowers88 (8 posts) -

Too bad. Looked interesting.

#65 Posted by nekoNari (132 posts) -

I'm not surprised. The gameplay shown at TED was nothing more than glorified adventure/RPG game. Basically, they just added voice recognition for saying Yes/No or selecting options and so on. 

I believe Lionhead should refocus at making great games, not some tech demos.

#66 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
@afrofools said:
" surprise-surprise-surprise (ooh-double negative!) "
I think that's a triple positive, bro.
#67 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

Narp, didn't really see how this was gonna be a thing anyways. I imagine any tech that might have actually existed will be rolled into something else (Kinectimals?). It looked like pure concept chicanery anyhow.

#68 Posted by kollay (1926 posts) -

Milo & Kate seriously fucking sounds like a Disney Channel TV show.

#69 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Good call on Microsoft's part here. Thousands of filthy pedophiles all over the world could have been molesting children if it came out

#70 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

M' balls?

#71 Posted by AuthenticM (3695 posts) -

...does anyone really care?

#72 Posted by strembones (15 posts) -

Of course it is canceled. It was an interesting concept. The only thing Kinect and move are good for are mini games and dancing. Ugh even more reason to never get this crap

#73 Posted by JJOR64 (18887 posts) -

Doesn't surprise me.  I think it would be a tough sell.

#74 Posted by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -

Who is kate?

#75 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
"...does anyone really care? "
No.
#76 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Makes sense.  It would've been expensive and complicated to ship two Lionhead employees with each copy.

#77 Posted by Alcamin (151 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. I've been under the impression that this has been on the card for a while now, what with the amount of rumours floating around. Still, I'm not that bothered really, not because I didn't like the look of the game, quite the opposite actually, but because of the three words that were used in this very article:   research and development. Milo was an impressive concept but was probably nothing more than a tech demo and, more importantly, an experiment into the uses of the new Kinect hardware and what it was capable of. Even if Milo himself dies the amount of information and, most importantly, ideas that come from it will probably be invaluable for future titles. At least that's the hope. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some cool stuff. 

RIP Milo. Let's hope your death will not be in vain.

#78 Posted by CrazyCannuck (32 posts) -
@fwylo: @fwylo said:
" Damn. I was so ready to whip it out and fap in front of that little kid just to see what he would do. 

...OKAY not ONLY to see what he would do. "
see! this is what I'm talking about!  THIS GAME IS A LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN!  you'd get sued by his virtual parents and the worst part is they would win!
#79 Posted by JFetch (119 posts) -

To all those asking who Kate is, she was the female version that wasn't shown at E3.

#80 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Who was even going to buy this anyway? I mean it seemed like it was just a tech demo than an actual game.

#81 Posted by DSale (134 posts) -

CRUSH THAT SNAIL MILO! 

Now... jump in the river.  Yess...... Yes.....

#82 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

which is funny since we knew this all ready, It was a tech demo it was a method by which to learn things and such. then it was simply rumored and hinted at it was a real game...

#83 Posted by IronScimitar (478 posts) -

Shame...Kate had a killer ass.

#84 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

Milo hit puberty and needed more polygons, Kinect wasn't up to the job.  He also turned out to be a wee bit racist.

#85 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1899 posts) -

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. It is a little bit of a shame though since it might be the beginning of the end for the hopes people have for real games on Kinect.

#86 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

reminds me of all the fanboys defending it despite how incredible stupid it was. 

#87 Posted by Trylks (826 posts) -

Everything will be allegedly used in a Fable game...

#88 Edited by CitizenJP (1001 posts) -

Good. 

edit: that the game is scrapped. looked dumb. :) 
PS: yay for Fable.

#89 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (667 posts) -

Up next: Milo And Kate Plus Eight?
#90 Posted by welshguy (40 posts) -
@jonnyboy:
Nice
#91 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

NOOOOOOOO!~ 

Wait, I don't care.

#92 Posted by PlasmaMachine (243 posts) -

I hope "Muh Balls" is still slated for a Q1 2011 release.

#93 Posted by tweetspot (166 posts) -

the game they were coming out with was complete crap - search for slugs/butterflies sounds terrible

#94 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
" Gary Glitter just canceled his Pre-order. "

#95 Posted by Ne0teric (10 posts) -

I never actually cared enough to take a look at any of the Milo stuff anyway. Ah well.

#96 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -
@Trylks said:
" Everything will be allegedly used in a Fable game... "
Fable IV:  Milo's Chronicles...confirmed!
#97 Posted by Onlyzemeryalive (16 posts) -

World Domination by Skynet averted 

#98 Posted by feathersword (11 posts) -

We'll lets be honest, I don't think this was ever considered a viable product for the market. It's too creepy and doesn't really have a target audience. Something like Kinectimals makes more sense, at least from a business perspective.

#99 Posted by Arjuna (886 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man
Maybe because the tech demo of it was fake? I do not think they ever intended to release it to the public. 
Zactly. This shit ain't possible.
"Computer: End program"... The day that I say that and end up on the holodeck is the day that this will happen.
Peter Molyneux is a techno-hippy.
#100 Posted by masterlink64 (15 posts) -

im am glad this is just going to be tech for fable. creepy inappropriate kids being a game would highest product sold to the demographic of men 40+

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.