360 Minecraft DLC thoughts

#1 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

After watching the Minecraft quick look on the site, and there being a menu option for DLC. Anyone have any ideas from playing this on the PC or possible mods that would be a good fit for DLC for this on the 360?

#2 Posted by drowsap (683 posts) -

all i care about is them getting the game up to date with the PC

#3 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

Enderman.

#4 Posted by Aishan (1023 posts) -

FYI, nearly all XBLA games have a "Download Content" option on their main menu. I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the cert process.

#5 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@Aishan said:

FYI, nearly all XBLA games have a "Download Content" option on their main menu. I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the cert process.

Yeah he's right, Microsoft have pretty strict rules on what a game's main menu is supposed to look like.

#6 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

it could be character or world skins

#7 Posted by Tamaster92 (272 posts) -

Maybe creative mode? (that would be super greedy though)

#8 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Hats.

#9 Posted by FinalDasa (2067 posts) -

I'd be more interested in how they will handle updates. Pop in The Orange Box and realize how bad Microsoft and the Xbox is for updating a piece of software over a long period of time.

Half of what made Minecraft a constant game for a lot of users, and me as well, were the big updates that would change the way you played the game. It would be a shame if all that went out the window.

#10 Posted by hankrazorbeard (60 posts) -

Have the developers made a statement at all on whether they'll be getting Minecraft up to date? 'Cause for the 20 euro I'm sure I'll spend at some stage tomorrow I'd like to think we'd be getting some of that other good stuff.

#11 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@Aishan said:

Those usually just launch the Xbox Marketplace section for that game where you can see DLC, trailers, themes, etc. In Minecraft it launches an in-game menu where there currently is nothing. They've said that they're going to be able to push updates out to this more easily than other XBLA games so something different is going on here.

#12 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

I'm hoping all updates to the game are going to be free, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start selling character skins.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.