Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

A cheap bastard who needs some help.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twitchey

A few months ago I was playing online with some friends in Black Ops when one mentioned Minecraft. Back then I had no idea what Minecraft was but it had peaked my interest. After a short conversation he asked me if I wanted to play Minecraft for free, which really excited me. Well turns out it was not his account, it was his friend's account and his friend changed his password, which I have no problem with since I don't need his code to play single (Which I mostly play) and he has a right to privacy.

So what I need help with is just a simple question, even though I cannot sign into a premium account can I still download future updates like 1.5_02 or 1.6?

I intend to buy Minecraft over the summer but I would like to have the updates until then.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Aus_azn

Wait, what?

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, but is this practically saying that your friend took (stole?) his friend's Minecraft account and is now offering it to you?

That's nasty of him.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twitchey
    @Aus_azn: No his friend shared his account with a few people and I guess he was tired of his character's skin changing constantly so he changed his password. If I was in his shoe's I would never do that.
    dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dungbootle

Yes, you will still be able to update.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60
    @dungbootle said:
    Don't you need to login to update?
    Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Xdsk

I think you can force updates before you login, not sure though as i havent come across anything like his before.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dungbootle
    @CL60 said:

@dungbootle said:

Don't you need to login to update?
    I don't think so. If you don't login, the game will ask if you want to play offline. I'm just going off my knowledge from my time playing a pirate copy, because the situation sounds similar (I bought Minecraft about a month ago).
    Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Beaudacious

Its 15$, and free online. I don't understand the dilemma? You can spend 60$ on black ops but not 15$ on minecraft?

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twitchey
    @Beaudacious: Black Ops was a gift and I never had a chance to buy it. Honestly I'm on and off with Minecraft.
    Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xdsk

I too am on and off with Minecraft, sometimes i cannot be bothered to sit down for 3-4 hours building stuff.  The main enjoyment i get from it is building a large project with a group of like minded players.

I bought the game in Alpha for something like £5 and it was a bargain then. And to be honest is still a bargain at £12, the amount of free updates and host tools is great.

I didnt even realise you could play SP without a premium account, seems like an issue that needs to be addressed by the Notch and the dev team.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By onarum

nope, no updating without an account.

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By caityful

Basically, you can buy it in the future and it is updated to the latest version anyway. It's cheaper in Beta than it will be when it's finished... so.
    It's worth it to just fork out the money and have your very own account.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I've bought the game for myself, my kids and friends around 9 times now. That you're sitting here debating using what amounts to a pirated copy of a $15 game disgusts me, regardless of how much time you put into it, if you're interested enough that you will play more of it, just buy the damned game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.