Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Adventure Or Bust Volume: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Recently I've been growing tired of playing adventure maps in Minecraft. For those that don't know what an adventure map is, it's basically a world you download that's been built by someone that incorporates challenges or a narrative for the person playing it. Think of it as a Module for DnD, kind of. Doing a search on youtube should show you a few good examples.

The solution to my problem is to make my own Adventure Map. I'm a pretty creative person and us such see this project as a good way to vent some of my ideas. I have a basic format that I want to follow that goes like this...

1. A Legend of Zelda style structure (Have themed dungeons that are half action half puzzle)
    2. A sizable over world (Not Skyrim big more like, well Zelda big.)
    3. Loot
    4. Creative Puzzles (Many minecraft adventure maps fall on overused puzzles, I'm looking at you complete the red stone circuit)
    5. An interesting world
    6. Something that takes about 5 hours or so to complete

Instead of going on this journey of creation on my own, I'd share it with the Giant Bomb community. I'll share weekly (hopefully) updates on my progress. Yes their will be screenshots. If anyone has any advice or suggestions please PM me.

Ps: The "volumes" after this will be formatted in a completely different way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Recently I've been growing tired of playing adventure maps in Minecraft. For those that don't know what an adventure map is, it's basically a world you download that's been built by someone that incorporates challenges or a narrative for the person playing it. Think of it as a Module for DnD, kind of. Doing a search on youtube should show you a few good examples.

The solution to my problem is to make my own Adventure Map. I'm a pretty creative person and us such see this project as a good way to vent some of my ideas. I have a basic format that I want to follow that goes like this...

1. A Legend of Zelda style structure (Have themed dungeons that are half action half puzzle)
    2. A sizable over world (Not Skyrim big more like, well Zelda big.)
    3. Loot
    4. Creative Puzzles (Many minecraft adventure maps fall on overused puzzles, I'm looking at you complete the red stone circuit)
    5. An interesting world
    6. Something that takes about 5 hours or so to complete

Instead of going on this journey of creation on my own, I'd share it with the Giant Bomb community. I'll share weekly (hopefully) updates on my progress. Yes their will be screenshots. If anyone has any advice or suggestions please PM me.

Ps: The "volumes" after this will be formatted in a completely different way.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

That's sounds awesome. Make sure you keep us updated so I can check out that map.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MistaSparkle

Damn if you really make this I will definitely play it. Never done an Adventure map in all my years of minecrafting, but I've seen loads of playthroughs. Hope you can make some really cool stuff, duder. Good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.