And the studio porting Minecraft to Xbox360 is.....

#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Thanks, CNN.

#3 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

Hopefully they do a better job of porting it than they did porting Oblivion, I remember there were a couple of problems with it at launch on the PS3.

#4 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

You don't care about minecraft Ahmad, go pay attention to BF3 news.

#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Don't see why you would get Minecraft on 360 over PC. I don't see how they could do things like mods, and texture packs on a 360, because some of those things are much needed.

#7 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -
#8 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Hector said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

I'm still waiting to see what happens with this.

You damn well know he meant patched versions of the game.

It says expansions and add ons are included under this right in the text, so you're already wrong about that.

I don't see what's wrong with setting up Alpha members with a free copy at launch, all it would do is guarantee a large player base at launch making the newer versions still have some appeal to both new and veterans players despite the fact they likely won't include anything the PC version doesn't.
#9 Posted by rmanthorp (3875 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
@Hector said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

It says expansions and add ons are included under this right in the text, so you're already wrong about that.  I don't see what's wrong with setting up Alpha members with a free copy at launch, all it would do is guarantee a large player base at launch making the newer versions still have some appeal to both new and veterans players despite the fact they likely won't include anything the PC version doesn't.
This is sneaky and I like it!
#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

GEARBOX!?

Oh, nevermind :( I didn't realise that you were also going to tell us the answer...

#11 Posted by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
@Hector said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

It says expansions and add ons are included under this right in the text, so you're already wrong about that.  I don't see what's wrong with setting up Alpha members with a free copy at launch, all it would do is guarantee a large player base at launch making the newer versions still have some appeal to both new and veterans players despite the fact they likely won't include anything the PC version doesn't.
Exactly, show some effin' support to those who got you where you are to begin with.

If it wasn't for the people who bought it in Alpha Minecraft wouldn't be big enough to be on 360.
#12 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

I'm excited to see how this goes.  I picked up Fortress Craft and I'll surely be picking up Minecraft also.

#13 Edited by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -
@Rufi91 said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Hector said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

This is sneaky and I like it! 
Notch replied to this and basically explained why that isn't gonna happen (First commentor xNotch is Notch):  

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hzjbs/your_move_notch/
#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm incredibly interested in Minecraft and only play console games, so I'm happy. I wonder if I should just get it for PC, but I'd rather play with a real controller.

#15 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: Get it for PC, on Console you'd miss out on all the cool texture packs and mods. Also the Giant Bomb and Tested servers. 
#16 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -
@CL60 said:

Don't see why you would get Minecraft on 360 over PC. I don't see how they could do things like mods, and texture packs on a 360, because some of those things are much needed.

I have Minecraft on PC and will be getting it on 360 (provided the price is reasonable) 
Because many of the people I play with on 360 would be tons of fun to play Minecraft with but don't play on PC 

The fact that 4J Studios is doing it has me a little worried though, 
Perfect Dark wasn't what I would consider a "good" port 
But we'll have to wait and see

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.