Any Rage-Quit Suituations You've Been In?

#1 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Recently, I was powering through mining deep in for diamonds. I hit a huge-ass diamond mine, and became pretty damn happy. Soon enough, I hit rock bottom. I decided to mine around the bedrock when I fell out of the map. Yup. Fell out of the goddamn map. I had like 30 diamonds and a shit load of iron. I had to start all over again.  

Any bad suitations you guys have been in? 

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Your supposed to stop when you hit unbreakable rock. That just sounds like you being a bit stupid. 

#3 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:
Hey, it's not even a flat bedrock surface. It's like a mix of rocks and bedrock. I guess it was kind of stupid to mine further, but I'd expect there to be a full barrier from stupid people like me to get the sign to stop.
#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I also found holes in the world when I got to the bedrock. I just didn't jump into them.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I've only found a few diamonds since I've started playing. I'd probably find more if I focused on mining, instead of making forests and shit.

#6 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

The idea of rage quitting Minecraft amuses me.

#7 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

I've raged out of most of my games (well, left disillusioned really) but I've finally settled on a world I like, got a sweet cliff-side castle spot.

#8 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Well one time I decided to build my house inside a mountain, so I went to this flat surface on the side of the mountain and started digging, then I went out to gather wood to build a small house ontop of the tunnel, but a zombie started shooting arrows at me... so I rushed back underground and blocked the hole with dirt.  I dug my way out the side of the mountain, and I wanted some fresh air so I built a little porch sticking out the side of a sheer vertical wall that was super high up.  I built a roof above me too.  Then I got curious and made some stairs to get ontop of the roof, and as soon as I got ontop of it and peeked over, a zombie freaking shot me in the face with an arrow, and I got pushed over the edge and died.  Then after that I couldn't find where I dug my tunnel because I had sealed it shut with dirt.  So I spent like 20 minutes climbing along the side of the mountain, looking for that porch I had built.  I fell again and died doing that so I just rage quit and started over lol.

#9 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
"The idea of rage quitting Minecraft amuses me. "
#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Your supposed to stop when you hit unbreakable rock. That just sounds like you being a bit stupid.  "
The bedrock isn't evenly distributed, so there are spots that can still be mined. The purpose of the bedrock is to make sure you can't fall through the bottom of the map, but its random distribution means that it is still possible on rare occasions.
#11 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" Your supposed to stop when you hit unbreakable rock. That just sounds like you being a bit stupid.  "
The bedrock isn't evenly distributed, so there are spots that can still be mined. The purpose of the bedrock is to make sure you can't fall through the bottom of the map, but its random distribution means that it is still possible on rare occasions. "
Ive seen alot of blue gaps but they usually aren't enterable.
#12 Posted by JammyJesus (770 posts) -

I too fell through the map, rage quit and then deleted the map.
#13 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" The idea of rage quitting Minecraft amuses me. "
#14 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

I never raged quit. 

But I have yelled 'No' when a creeper blew up near one of my buildings. I'd rather die then have a creeper destroy half my work!

#15 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Starting out, I had everything useful with me. Hit a cave full of monsters, with a nice vein of iron across a ledge. After checking things out and seeing no skels, I started across the ledge. Thats when 3 skeletons showed up and tried to pin me to the wall. Fell off the ledge and got a creeper special. After losing all that, I havent gone back to sp.

#16 Edited by Driadon (2998 posts) -

I started a world that had 4 caves right by my spawn, so if I died at night, I'd spawn right next to a horde of zombies, skeletons and creepers. I died 3 times before I said "Okay, I don't feel like playing in that world."

#17 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

some crepper sneaked up on me today while being in some deep ass mine

#18 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Yeah, the whole hole in the world thing is a pretty big bummer. I think eventually there should just be infinite lava under there or something. Then maybe later on in the game you should be able to build vehicles or something and then travel to the center of the world through the lava and harvest something better than Diamond. How fucking sick would that be.

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

too many

#20 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

a couple of times. Especially involving creepers. I also tend to lose my house....

#21 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
" some crepper sneaked up on me today while being in some deep ass mine "
so i just went back into that cave, actually found all my stuff, got new meat/swords/tools and ventured in deeper... 

and some fucking skeleton kicked me into lava 

i died 

i hate that game! 
at least i don't have to bother about getting my stuff back now >_>
#22 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

No particular story to write about but for the last 2 years I have changed how I react in a rage quit situation. I have never really thrown a controller in rage but I did cures like crazy. 

Now what I do is that when i get super mad, I pause everything ( or save if that is an option) and take a few seconds to be amazed at how something as silly as a video game can get me to go almost completely crazy and laugh about it as I either change the game or turn the system off gently...
#23 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

I was exploring  when I decided to break through wall in a cave, on the other side of it was pitch blackness, as soon as I broke through the block, an arrow came flying out of the darkness at me and a skeleton leaped out, I jumped in my seat, ran away and exited.

I wasn't really enraged, but the game motivated me to take a sudden break.

#24 Posted by Klippinidas (25 posts) -

I deleted my save file from my very first world because two creepers started bouncing towards me in my deep caverns and I jumped back in panic (because I am a coward) and landed in lava, losing ALL my diamond, iron, coal, weapons, etc. And I just sat there with a confused look on my face. But I'm enjoying my new world more, so no biggie. :)

#25 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

I feel like buying minecraft to make people ragequit.
#26 Posted by laussica (181 posts) -

the first time i got killed by a creeper when i was holding all my stuff and i was so far from my spawn point but i ended up going back to it that night.

#27 Edited by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

i rage quitted today after falling into lava, getting out, realizing i had mere seconds to live so tried to get into a condensed corner to keep all my loot in one place. I came back and my stuff was gone/ couldn't remember which corner i backed into. Lost alot of silver and gold ore in the process which really annoyed me. 
Edit: Also! underwater houses are awesome for keeping monsters away.

#28 Posted by LackingSaint (1814 posts) -

Came back to my wood house after a very successful mining; Encountered several diamond mines, a good few goldmines and 2 or 3 dungeons. Went to put my stuff in my chest, turns out I was carrying a lava bucket. Lost everything I had, lost the chest, lost the house.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh

#29 Posted by thebatmobile (981 posts) -

Not exactly a rage-quit, but when I was playing Halo: Reach and Infection won the votes for the fourth time I quit. It was more of an annoyance-quit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.