Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Blogcraft - This world is MINE! craft...

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By animateria

I haven't blogged on GB forever after my second Monster Hunter blog got gobbled up by a GB web error. I was severely traumatized that time and well....

.............. sniff..............

ANYWAYS! Minecraft has inspired me to try again. I'm planning on posting a couple of these, show casing a couple of my creations. I'd do it in one blog but man... It's a lot of images.

Welp. Here we go.

Welcome to my spawn point!
    I hated my spawn point to be honest. It was right next to a large body of water and only dirt and sand all around. 

No trees. No nothin. The first thing that happened to me when I spawned for the first time is a confusing walk around the area. Nighttime. Then death. Worst game experience ever.

Anyways, I found shelter in a floating piece of land over those stairs I've made. Turned it into a small dirt fortress. Looking out a small window, despairing at all the zombies, skeletons and creepers that walked around my shelter. Had to fight off spiders that would crawl around the roof too.

It was dirt at first. But now it's my secure gateway.

Well the first thing I did was convert my dirt shelter into something bigger and roomier. I added ledges so spiders would never bother my roof. 

Then I started converting it from dirt into cobblestone. And finally when I felt secure and relaxed I made it what it is today. A entrance gateway that I use as shelter as well as a hub to all my other buildings. Wasn't easy you know? Building in the air... I had my fair share of death by falling off the ledges and everything.

At the beginning of time... This was all dirt.
    And well, that started my mad craze to dig to the bottom of the World of Minecraft. And I had so much excess Cobblestone I had to do something with it.

It started humble enough... Making floating passageways to explore the world from above in my floating fortress. But man... 

It got crazy.

I welcome you to Altaria. The Land of Wings..... Cause you know, it floats like it has wings.
     I welcome you to Altaria. The Land of Wings..... Cause you know, it floats like it has wings.

First was the fountain. I had to make a fountain. It's just you know? The first thing any civilization should start with. Fountains.

Then of course I needed a farm. A floating one of course. 

And what do I need to do to make all of this happen? I need to mine!

This is my mine entrance. Yep. It's floating as well. You probably get the theme by now.
    This is my mine entrance. Yep. It's floating as well. You probably get the theme by now.
    I mined sideways, upwards and downwards. But you know what? If I'm going to mine. I want to see how far down I can go. So I started digging straight down.

You can actually just freefall... Just don't forget to grab the ladder near the end!
     You can actually just freefall... Just don't forget to grab the ladder near the end!

And down and down I went... Making a ladder that would take me straight up to the entrance I made.

And one day, I made it! I made it to the bottom of the world!

I mean to be fair there was lava all over where the ladder was so I had to dig around my origin point. Filled the area around the lava with glass to commemorate my dig. I hit rock bottom. In a good way.

I almost got killed a couple times trying to do this. But bottoms of worlds need special things.
     I almost got killed a couple times trying to do this. But bottoms of worlds need special things.
    It was glorious. I've fallen into pits that contained a bunch of monsters. Got attacked from caves that connected to my downward tunnel. Got blown up countless times by creepers hiding in corners of said caves. But I made it to the bottom of the world.

High on my victory I decided to make the most amazing thing I can think of. A giant building that would serve as the worlds first wonder. 

You can already see the building here but the story is for another day.

Oh and my two Hubs that are on different Biomes. Nothing much to be said... Connected by a long 'floating' passageway, they are just small shelters for now.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By animateria

I haven't blogged on GB forever after my second Monster Hunter blog got gobbled up by a GB web error. I was severely traumatized that time and well....

.............. sniff..............

ANYWAYS! Minecraft has inspired me to try again. I'm planning on posting a couple of these, show casing a couple of my creations. I'd do it in one blog but man... It's a lot of images.

Welp. Here we go.

I hated my spawn point to be honest. It was right next to a large body of water and only dirt and sand all around. 

No trees. No nothin. The first thing that happened to me when I spawned for the first time is a confusing walk around the area. Nighttime. Then death. Worst game experience ever.

Anyways, I found shelter in a floating piece of land over those stairs I've made. Turned it into a small dirt fortress. Looking out a small window, despairing at all the zombies, skeletons and creepers that walked around my shelter. Had to fight off spiders that would crawl around the roof too.

Well the first thing I did was convert my dirt shelter into something bigger and roomier. I added ledges so spiders would never bother my roof. 

Then I started converting it from dirt into cobblestone. And finally when I felt secure and relaxed I made it what it is today. A entrance gateway that I use as shelter as well as a hub to all my other buildings. Wasn't easy you know? Building in the air... I had my fair share of death by falling off the ledges and everything.

And well, that started my mad craze to dig to the bottom of the World of Minecraft. And I had so much excess Cobblestone I had to do something with it.

It started humble enough... Making floating passageways to explore the world from above in my floating fortress. But man... 

It got crazy.

First was the fountain. I had to make a fountain. It's just you know? The first thing any civilization should start with. Fountains.

Then of course I needed a farm. A floating one of course. 

And what do I need to do to make all of this happen? I need to mine!

I mined sideways, upwards and downwards. But you know what? If I'm going to mine. I want to see how far down I can go. So I started digging straight down.

And down and down I went... Making a ladder that would take me straight up to the entrance I made.

And one day, I made it! I made it to the bottom of the world!

I mean to be fair there was lava all over where the ladder was so I had to dig around my origin point. Filled the area around the lava with glass to commemorate my dig. I hit rock bottom. In a good way.

It was glorious. I've fallen into pits that contained a bunch of monsters. Got attacked from caves that connected to my downward tunnel. Got blown up countless times by creepers hiding in corners of said caves. But I made it to the bottom of the world.

High on my victory I decided to make the most amazing thing I can think of. A giant building that would serve as the worlds first wonder. 

You can already see the building here but the story is for another day.

Oh and my two Hubs that are on different Biomes. Nothing much to be said... Connected by a long 'floating' passageway, they are just small shelters for now.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Pumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pumpe

I like the dome on your floating palace. I suck at making roundish things. Maybe its my lack of patience or maybe its due to a shitty sense of shapes when looking at it from the bottom.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Vexxan

Really cool idea to have everything float, looks nice :)

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xpgamer7

Good job. A minecraft world is an innovative one, keep creating!

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By face15

This world is MINE! craft

Oh my god. So much pun. I love you.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By animateria

Thank you guys for the comments.

@Vegsen said:
    " Really cool idea to have everything float, looks nice :) "
    It's also a giant pain in the ass. I was tempted to get that flying mod. But decided to keep it vanilla.

@Pumpe said:
    " I like the dome on your floating palace. I suck at making roundish things. Maybe its my lack of patience or maybe its due to a shitty sense of shapes when looking at it from the bottom. "
    I did get some practice with my farm. I tried making a perfect circle with that one but it kinda looks like a lemon.

ToxikPandaKoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ToxikPandaKoi

your world is... epic. :D

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Sanity

Very nice, looks awsome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.