Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Boo!

• 83 results
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    My new home. Or the start of it. To the left is where the dock is right now. "
    Oooh! Pretty sunset! How long did that take you to make anyway? 

I would've picked up Minecraft ages ago were it not that my 3V is still floating out there...damn the Irish Postal system.
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Aronman789

I'm seriously getting nothing but desert now D: there is not a single tree on this whole goddamn island

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    My new home. Or the start of it. To the left is where the dock is right now. "
    Oooh! Pretty sunset! How long did that take you to make anyway?  I would've picked up Minecraft ages ago were it not that my 3V is still floating out there...damn the Irish Postal system. "
    That is the second night I think 

No Caption Provided
    Now THATS a sunset
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By wunder_
    @LordAndrew: Thanks! :) I'd really, really, not want to spawn in the Nether though... That would be unpleasant.

ALSO, I forgot to mention. PLEASE, PLEASE, back-up your saves. The game-breaking bug that causes you to lose everything in your inventory can be stopped if you just back-up your save and then go explore and just reload the save later. It will also save you trouble if your save gets corrupted or anything else.

For Windows Users:
     Press Win+R, then %appdata% and go to the /.minecraft/ directory and make a copy of all your worlds.

Sorry Mac/Linux users, don't know the commands.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Claude

Nice screens in this thread. Makes my heart go boom, boom, boom. I'll play this one day. I don't have the time or resources to get it right now.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Wunder_ said:
    " @LordAndrew: Thanks! :) I'd really, really, not want to spawn in the Nether though... That would be unpleasant.

ALSO, I forgot to mention. PLEASE, PLEASE, back-up your saves. The game-breaking bug that causes you to lose everything in your inventory can be stopped if you just back-up your save and then go explore and just reload the save later. It will also save you trouble if your save gets corrupted or anything else.

For Windows Users:
     Press Win+R, then %appdata% and go to the /.minecraft/ directory and make a copy of all your worlds.
       Sorry Mac/Linux users, don't know the commands. "
    He is gonna fix up the bug in the morning. 
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Aronman789

No Caption Provided
    Oh damn I got a nice spawn point
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Aronman789 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Oh damn I got a nice spawn point "
    Looking at this screencap made me think "Notch should add something like hangliders or parachutes for this kind of stuff." 

And that he should.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Capum15

I started a new world to see this. Got a pretty awesome spawn with a small beach next to a forest, and a small inlet of water next to my home. There's a larger cliff/mountain nearby that I still need to check out though. Also, I totally forgot there were fish now. Gonna aim for some Obsidian to check out the Nether here in a bit.

Also, where are everyone finding these pumpkin things?

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Aronman789
    @Aronman789 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Oh damn I got a nice spawn point "
    Wait, I thought I was wearing my hellboy skin '~'
    DarkHeroZark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By DarkHeroZark

I made a new map, I then found a cave with a sand roof. Destroyed one block, and watched the fun begin.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The torches burning up thing ain't in yet right?

Pretty horrible to log in and get swarmed by baddies in my underground lair.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:

" The torches burning up thing ain't in yet right?  Pretty horrible to log in and get swarmed by baddies in my underground lair. "

Any placed torches will turn into lanterns. And no that part is not out yet. 
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man: 
    That's a relief, thanks!
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By weltal

Yay! My very own portal to hell!

No Caption Provided

OH FUCK ME
    No Caption Provided
    HE DESTROYED MY PORTAL HOME!

No Caption Provided

and with nowhere to go (my portal was on a small floating island in the middle of a lake of fire... lucky) I dove head first into the lake of fire below. You wont get the satisfaction, ghost!

No Caption Provided
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Aronman789
    @Weltal: The Ghasts are assholes.  
    Wish I had some damn obsidian.
    SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By SumDeus

So I log into my old world and as I walk into my house a fucking creeper comes at me from the corner of a room. Is there some kind of new spawning? Because nothing has ever been able to get in before.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By meteora

Are the GiantBomb servers down or not updated? Because I can't login to krakn's server.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NekuSakuraba

What did it add?

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By yoctoyotta

Losing items when you die is bullshit. I'm furious. And no "just don't die" jokes, I do a lot of construction work in the air. Arrrhggggh!!!

reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By reddin

Hmm, I guess I'll start a new world and go search for some diamond and then some obsidian to check it all out..
    I'm too scared to actually load up my other worlds as long as these bugs are around.
    I also just watched Davidr64yt (aka X) latest video and apparently the spawning conditions have changed, in that the deeper you go the more light you need to keep it save.. 
    So once the worst bugs are ironed out I might have to go around the house and add some more lighting here and there on peaceful. I'd hate to run into some creepers indoors and then have to do some redecorating..

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#72  Edited By jaqen_hghar
    @Fallen189:  That's what I thought. With the distance between the portals in the normal world, I should have two portals in The Nether that was at least over 50 blocks apart. The video Indiegames made of having two portals shows that it must be a bug for me, or he changed it before the update came out. Because my distance between the portals in the normal world is easily five times that. Oh well, I can just tear down the second portal and built it up again a bit further away or something.

@RhombusOfTerror: I know. I also read the Facepunch forums Megathreads regularly and have been following both for many many months. It's kinda fun really, 'cause I had played tons of Minecraft when I saw people on Whiskey Media starting to notice the game. I have never been one of the few who like something then seeing it take over the world :P 
    Glad I get to experience that.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mikemcn
    @The_Laughing_Man
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:

" The torches burning up thing ain't in yet right?  Pretty horrible to log in and get swarmed by baddies in my underground lair. "

They dont have to be placed, if they are in your inventory or in a chest they will change too. Im kinda excited for that part
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:

They dont have to be placed, if they are in your inventory or in a chest they will change too. Im kinda excited for that part "
    He only asked about the ones in his lair. I wanted to keep the thing about his innovatory a surprise lol. 
    Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Onno10

No Caption Provided
    I'm finding desserts everywhere, I haven't even seen any snow or ice yet. Pretty great!

Also my hell is insanely boring, I haven't even seen any ghosts (ghasts?) yet, or any lava lakes for that matter

No Caption Provided
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#76  Edited By LordAndrew
    @YoctoYotta said:
    " Losing items when you die is bullshit. I'm furious. And no "just don't die" jokes, I do a lot of construction work in the air. Arrrhggggh!!! "
    Have you tried holding down Shift to sneak? You won't fall off ledges when you sneak. I've found it quite helpful during construction projects.
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#77  Edited By Sin4profit

i just popped in to check it real quick, noticed the update to the graphics...ran around, saw the new "biomes" which, as far as i can tell just form in small patches around the regular world ( i hope they work with that more, i'd rather travel to another side of the terrain and find it feeling like a whole new place). Seems there are WAY more mods out and about on normal difficulty.
    it has a few new additions i haven't looked into yet but now that it's here, without too many new things to craft, it felt shrug worthy to me thus far.  i'll update my opinion when i figure out how to go to hell.

someguy890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By someguy890
    @YoctoYotta said:
    "Losing items when you die is bullshit. I'm furious. And no "just don't die" jokes, I do a lot of construction work in the air. Arrrhggggh!!! "

Notch has put another update out that will reverse this. At least his twitter said so. Haven't tried it myself yet.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mikemcn

All I know is that I know where Bill went....

Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Onno10

Ok looks like the party was straight below me :(
    But if my portal is above the roof of the main cave how am I supposed to get down?

No Caption Provided
    reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By reddin

So anybody else experiencing this bug?

No Caption Provided
    When I leave the Nether trough the portal I came in trough, I come back out via a different portal placed seemingly random in the world.
    If I just use that portal I come back in the same place, but when I break it and then try it again via my original portal, it makes a new one every time.
    It's fairly close to my original portal, not even a minutes walk (I was glad I had a compass with me, this is a new world that I barely have explored, so I could have been lost for a bit).
    I'm not really complaining, because it is an easy way to get some obsidian, but it's still weird..
    Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @reddin: Yeah, I had that. I jumped into my portal with nothing on me (in case I died) jumped back through after having a quick look around the nether and found myself in a totally different place with a portal underground. Had to dig my way out with my hands. :( 

I then destroyed the underground portal, went back through my original portal to make the underground one appear again and have been farming all this beautiful free obsidian :D
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @YoctoYotta said:
    " Losing items when you die is bullshit. I'm furious. And no "just don't die" jokes, I do a lot of construction work in the air. Arrrhggggh!!! "
    Have you tried holding down Shift to sneak? You won't fall off ledges when you sneak. I've found it quite helpful during construction projects. "
    Brilliant, I never knew that worked. Thanks man! Boy was I mad the other night. I lost an inventory with two or so hours worth of excavated stone, four diamond picks and four diamond shovels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.