Can my computer run this game?

#1 Edited by TheDoorman (534 posts) -

Awhile ago I needed a desktop so I bought a desktop with windows and all the software preloaded onto it from dell. I kind of want to try minecraft on my pc but not sure if I can run it.

Processor: i5-2320 3.00GHz

Graphics Card: Intel HD graphics card(which is probably a generic piece of crap lol)

RAM: 6 GB

#2 Posted by returnofjake (231 posts) -

I don't see why not, my old macbook air plays it grand.

The latest game also included the release of the demo so try that first :)

#3 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

Minecraft will run on anything.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@PlasmaBeam44

No it will not.
#5 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

My laptop is worse than that (2.1GHZ dual-core, 3GB RAM, integrated graphics) and it runs on medium draw distance and max everything else at about 15-20 fps. Should be fine if you ask me.

#6 Posted by yoshisaur (2639 posts) -

Have you tried running the Java browser client? I'm pretty sure it's the same client (different) version and should give you an idea on how it will run.

#7 Posted by IAmNotBatman (627 posts) -

Yeah, but maybe have a bit more fog than you'd like.

#8 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Go to minecraft.net they barley added a demo version. You can play for two in game days I believe.

#9 Posted by TheDoorman (534 posts) -

Alright I think I'll try to run the demo, hopefully it works

#10 Posted by JoeyRavn (4948 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

@PlasmaBeam44

No it will not.

Minecraft is a lot more demanding that what people may think. Java can be a huge resource hog if not implemented properly. Luckily, Minecraft lets you assing more RAM to it, which can help boost the game's performance significantly.

#11 Posted by Dunsky5 (8 posts) -

Google Can you run it, or Can i run that game

#12 Posted by believer258 (11630 posts) -

Yes. I've played it on much worse, though you'll still have to turn some settings down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.