Can't connect to minecraft.net

#1 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I'm trying to play some Minecraft and it keeps giving me this error message. I can login on the site itself but when I try logging in on the Minecraft launcher it gives me the message. If I try to play offline I just get a black screen, and playing in the browser I get the Updating Minecraft screen and a bar that's almost full with the words "done loading" and then nothing. Anyone know how to fix this or know if there's an issue with the server?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I can see the site just fine. 

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

It's not that I can't get on the site. It's that whenever I try to login on the launcher to play, it says "Can't connect to minecraft.net" and won't let me play.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

It's not that I can't get on the site. It's that whenever I try to login on the launcher to play, it says "Can't connect to minecraft.net" and won't let me play.

Just started up a game. And it work. Uninstall and re install maybe? 
#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I tried that :(

#6 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

Yep, same thing for me now. I noticed it a couple of days ago but didn't really care since I was going to play offline anyway, but now that I tried to connect to the Giantbomb server I realized that it hasn't worked for quite some time.

#7 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

Just logged in, and its working fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.