Curious about servers

#1 Posted by CaptainTryHard (207 posts) -

I recently made a server for a few friends and myself to play on (don't worry duders, I'm still on the site server), but I'm curious how updates work with it. When the new jungle biomes arrive where will they spawn on my server?

#2 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

As I currently understand it, jungles are a feature that will not appear in existing worlds. If you would like jungles, you must generate a new one. This is not the case with all modifications, but it seems to be de rigueur for terrain generation enhancements.

#3 Posted by Gnubberen (771 posts) -

@CaptainTryHard: I'm pretty sure you'll have to explore ungenerated areas. Biomes are generated, and when new a added, you'll have to move to a new unexplored area of the world. After the update of course. I'm almost 100% sure that the old world will generate them, since it's been that way everytime they've added new biomes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.