Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Dissapointed. Xbox Minecraft it far far too small = Pointless.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

I bought Minecraft for me and my dad on the xbox. Over the last year my dad and me have shared the same Minecraft account since we only have one pc. My had dad is often playing it on the pc. So he was realy excited to get it for the xbox so he at minimum didnt have to wait to get on the pc. Now you can sit back and relax and mine. Bonus is I can play with him.

However just as the Bombcast start talking about minecraft and how Jeff hut the edge of the world then my dad came in and said "The map....is only your world. I have hut the edge of the world." This instantly annoyed me. I know they are going to update it from the current 1.6.6 beta build of pc and improve.

However I cant find any info on if the size of the world will become like the pc. A number of people ask this and the main reply is. "You think it will be like pc? Your insane!" Maby that is true and there is a limit to the xbox for a seemingly simple game.

This revelation has me and my dad very very disappointing on the Xbox version, I dont think we are going to play and view this as a waste of money.My dad even talked about "I am going to delete my minecraft on pc. Since Ill just playing this version from now on. as long as they update."

However I am scared at the prospect's ahead. Look at the well toted Xperia play version....is an alpha build of creative mode and has not improved. The Ipad version was released and was the same build. I dont hear that they have improved. Yet they charge money for it.

Does anyone have any nugget of "Sourced" info. I would only take a link that just someone saying stuff at me.

It feels pointless to play this version.

Addendum:

Coming to the realization with the biggest argument that makes sense is. Multiplayer, the main big sell of the xbox version. Try and run an infinite map with 4 to 8 people at all 4 corners at the one time....it only means more and more ram.

Ugh which means its freaking horrible prospect that this is severely not the version I want and i am greatly greatly greatly sickened by the fact I bought two copies. I also have to burden my fathers disappointment in it. since he is actually a bigger minecraft player than me.

I fell horrible enough folks no need to keep guilting me by basically calling me stupid with comments such as "Its xbox what did you expect?!" I know, I just hoped, I could change it. nope I am stupid so don't remind me. If anything this is to warn other people now.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow

RAM. All of those devices lack RAM, including the XBOX 360. They will need to a lot in the way of optimisation to Minecraft to allow for larger, more capable map sizes.

Seastalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Seastalk

You honestly cannot say that you did not expect this?

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By clstirens

@Seastalk said:

You honestly cannot say that you did not except this?

I've not seen any reviews that mention this at all, although I haven't been reading a lot of them. (I'm not interested in the xbox version, so I'm not exactly reading all the news)

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akyho

@SeriouslyNow said:

RAM. All of those devices lack RAM, including the XBOX 360. They will need to a lot in the way of optimisation to Minecraft to allow for larger, more capable map sizes.

Ram in Minecraft Dictates rate of loading chunks. People are playing Minecraft with 256 ram at the minimum. To go beyond 500 you need to change values of the files of minecraft so it will use a gig or two spare ram. The difference is slightly better. So I know the ram isnt not the main problem. Part of the problem however not the main.

@AlianthaBerries said:

You should post in your native language and then English underneath, I would be interested in seeing that!

I am dyslexic. Thank you for you understanding my ongoing battle with basic literacy. I don't mind that I can spend 4 years in college and fail, since I cant write an essay for shit! Despite tutoring an entire class on the subjects, with them saying "I couldn't have made any sense of that class if it wasn't for you. Thanks for helping me pass." Only to have my paper come to me and it says "failed" . So out of a class of 30 of which I tutored 25 and only two people failed. Me and one ditzy Mcblonde bitch who didn't care about the course at all.

That every assignment was a 15 hour struggle before being told to redo the paper . OVER AND OVER AND OVER! When the whole process should have been done in 6.

So thank you for pointing out my problems and that my life is fucked since to get a good job I need a better level literacy than I do have thanks to my Dyslexia.

I had not noticed until now. Ill fix it thank you Mr Asshat. There is a boy in a wheel chair. Go help him with your helpful comments, He will be able to walk if you just piss him off enough to strangle you.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By clstirens

@Akyho said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

Ram in Minecraft Dictates rate of loading chunks. People are playing Minecraft with 256 ram at the minimum. To go beyond 500 you need to change values of the files of minecraft so it will use a gig or two spare ram. The difference is slightly better. So I know the ram isnt not the main problem. Part of the problem however not the main.

Yeah, it really makes me wonder what the hell is going on that the 512mb ram Xbox 360 can't have a large world.

Jammy411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jammy411

i don't think the native language thing was an attack. don't worry about it.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akyho

@Jammy411 said:

i don't think the native language thing was an attack. don't worry about it.

When you are met with hundreds of comments like that over 10 years. You kind of get sick of it. My grammar and punctuation has improved 200x in the last 5 years. I havnt had much comments int he last few years. However its a button than when I dont expect it to be pushed as in no one has made a comment about it in 3 years, It realys puts a dampener on things.

Add on I feel gut wrenchingly ill from wasting money on Minecraft for the xbox. I am not in the mood for pointless scarcasm.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Akyho: RAM is the problem. You're talking about devices which mostly have a total of 512MB of RAM (Android devices can have 1GB) and a usable pool of less than 200MB (taking into account OS, background features, GPU framebuffer and the rest what makes a system usable). PC Desktops are generally 2GB minimum these days with a vast majority of modern systems having 4GB (8GB and beyond exist as a really small percentage). Minecraft on those devices is operating below that 256MB minimum and so the world is smaller. It's not rocket science.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By kindgineer

Eh, I'm having as much fun as I should withe Minecraft for the 360. I don't think anyone here can be fooled into thinking this port was anything more than a casual beginner's approach, like a gate-way game, to the real Minecraft. Let's face it, when you first jump into Minecraft on the PC without having played it before, it's intimidating. The only way to not lose your sanity is to check the wiki, which is not common knowledge to everyone.

I think people just expected too much out of this port, but you never know what lies ahead when it comes to patches and DLC. I would love to see more items added in intervals, and maybe some neat stuff as exclusives for DLC.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aspaceinvader

I think it will get better when they update it, at least I find it easier to craft stuff in the Xbox version compared with the pc version, crafting was one of the hardest things on the pc version as you had to guess how make items, the interface on the Xbox version is so clear that I wish they would add it to the pc version.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By M_Shini

Pc is always going to be the one to get, the capability's for it are just much easier to realise on the pc. Thats assuming playing it on the pc is possible for people, or weather people only decided to get it cuz it landed on the 360.

Minecraft may be simple at a glance but that doesn't mean it hasn't got limits on which hardware its on, i think people expected this to be an easy port with it seeming like such a uncomplex game to build on the surface.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akyho

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Akyho: RAM is the problem. You're talking about devices which mostly have a total of 512MB of RAM (Android devices can have 1GB) and a usable pool of less than 200MB (taking into account OS, background features, GPU framebuffer and the rest what makes a system usable). PC Desktops are generally 2GB minimum these days with a vast majority of modern systems having 4GB (8GB and beyond exist as a really small percentage). Minecraft on those devices is operating below that 256MB minimum and so the world is smaller. It's not rocket science.

Somewhat true. However the biggest argument that makes sense is. Multiplayer, the main big sell of the xbox version. Try and run an infinite map with 4 to 8 people at all 4 corners at the one time....it only means more and more ram.

Ugh which means its freaking horrible prospect that this is severely not the version I want and i am greatly greatly greatly sickened by the fact I bought two copies. I also have to burden my fathers disappointment in it. since he is actually a bigger minecraft player than me.

I fell horrible enough folks no need to keep guilting me by basically calling me stupid with comments such as "Its xbox what did you expect?!" I know, I just hoped, I could change it. nope I am stupid so don't remind me.

If only I listened to the Bombcast earlier. Aswell as if my dad hadnt been so excited and had me run out and get Microsoft points I could have warned against it.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mandude

@Akyho said:

There is a boy in a wheel chair. Go help him with your helpful comments.

I can't stop laughing at this. Thank you for this.

Anyway, that really sucks to no end. It sounds like it's broken... are they at least charging alpha build prices for it?

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By bibamatt

@Akyho said:

The Ipad version was released and was the same build. I dont hear that they have improved. Yet they charge money for it.

The iPad version has actually had a load of updates since release. At release it was just creative mode, no mobs or crafting or anything. Currently, they've added full crafting, cows, sheep, pigs and wolves, mobs and a load of other bits. They've been really good with it. I can't remember where, but one of the Minecraft Xbox team have already tweeted saying which version the Xbox edition will be updated to next. I doubt the map size will increase, but hope you start to enjoy it at some point! :(

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akyho

@bibamatt said:

@Akyho said:

The Ipad version was released and was the same build. I dont hear that they have improved. Yet they charge money for it.

The iPad version has actually had a load of updates since release. At release it was just creative mode, no mobs or crafting or anything. Currently, they've added full crafting, cows, sheep, pigs and wolves, mobs and a load of other bits. They've been really good with it. I can't remember where, but one of the Minecraft Xbox team have already tweeted saying which version the Xbox edition will be updated to next. I doubt the map size will increase, but hope you start to enjoy it at some point! :(

Well my dad is ok with it. Currently playing with it behind me. Hearing all the same stuff I hear on the pc. such as "Weeeee AW FUCK!!! MY BROKE!" or the ever classic fztt boom! " AH YOU FUCKING BASTARD!"

He accept and still enjoys the game. So i just need to deal with my own dissapointment.

@mandude said:

@Akyho said:

There is a boy in a wheel chair. Go help him with your helpful comments.

I can't stop laughing at this. Thank you for this.

Anyway, that really sucks to no end. It sounds like it's broken... are they at least charging alpha build prices for it?

I came into minecraft at 1.2 beta. Which was £15/$20 at the time. the price is jacked up to $27 roughly £30. While the Xbox version is £15/$20. So the prices kind of work out for what you are getting.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akyho

@AlianthaBerries said:

@Akyho: It really wasn't an attack

Dyslexic or honestly foreign It would have had the same buttons with me at-least. It was a poor comment.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tunaburn

ummm.... i cant really understand what youre trying to say a lot of the time. I get the map is small. But the story was lost on me. I never played minecraft. But i thought about getting it on the xbox. Are you saying i shouldnt?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ravenlight

Dyslexia or no, you seem overly dramatic.

@tunaburn said:

ummm.... i cant really understand what youre trying to say a lot of the time. I get the map is small. But the story was lost on me. I never played minecraft. But i thought about getting it on the xbox. Are you saying i shouldnt?

Paraphrasing from the Bombcast: If you've never played it, you'll probably have a blast on the 360. If you've already played it on PC, maybe just stick to the PC version.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By murisan

@clstirens said:

@Seastalk said:

You honestly cannot say that you did not except this?

I've not seen any reviews that mention this at all, although I haven't been reading a lot of them. (I'm not interested in the xbox version, so I'm not exactly reading all the news)

Brad did!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Akyho

@tunaburn: If you are completely new to Minecraft it will teach you everything you will need to play minecraft. As the pc version drops you in game with zero knowledge. You have to use the internet to learn. It is a gateway to Minecraft rather than the full Minecraft.

So you haven't bought into Minecraft yet. Then the xbox version is probably the one for you. Its less of a self start up and less daunting the size of the world. If you are bitten by the bug expect to want to buy the pc version. If you are happy enough to play the xbox version, its fine enough a version to play. Its just very jarring to come from the infinite size on pc and then to a small square on xbox.

Overall It is very big for a none minecraft player. Play the trial and see if you fancy picking it up. If you do its not that much vs the pc version. It isnt realy bad it simply isnt a replacement for a PC player.

Ps

Tunanburn Good luck with the fight in 8 days.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By WickedCobra03

@tunaburn said:

I guess if you are stepping into it fresh and have really never watched anyone play at length, or played it yourself for more than 15 minutes, it is fine. If you had played it before on the PC, well, I feel like a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the XBL release.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Sambambo

@Akyho said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

Dyslexic or honestly foreign It would have had the same buttons with me at-least. It was a poor comment.

For gods sake, stop acting like an idiot.

It reads like a foreigner wrote it, and it was a harmless comment.

Sure you may be fed up with it, but add a disclaimer or something.

Your disability means that you are unable to write well, so why write a rambling post that is hard to understand?

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Akyho

@SuperSambo said:

@Akyho said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

Your disability means that you are unable to write well, so why write a rambling post that is hard to understand?

Good idea. Ok, Ill make a Yellow D and pin it to my chest to mark me out as Dyslexic. Ill also sign all my post with a yellow D.

D

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sambambo

@Akyho said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Akyho said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

Good idea. Ok, Ill make a Yellow D and pin it to my chest to mark me out as Dyslexic. Ill also sign all my post with a yellow D.

D

Sounds good to me.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Akyho

@SeriouslyNow said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

You should post in your native language and then English underneath, I would be interested in seeing that!

I am dyslexic. Thank you for you understanding my ongoing battle with basic literacy. I don't mind that I can spend 4 years in college and fail, since I cant write an essay for shit! Despite tutoring an entire class on the subjects, with them saying "I couldn't have made any sense of that class if it wasn't for you. Thanks for helping me pass." Only to have my paper come to me and it says "failed" . So out of a class of 30 of which I tutored 25 and only two people failed. Me and one ditzy Mcblonde bitch who didn't care about the course at all.

That every assignment was a 15 hour struggle before being told to redo the paper . OVER AND OVER AND OVER! When the whole process should have been done in 6.

So thank you for pointing out my problems and that my life is fucked since to get a good job I need a better level literacy than I do have thanks to my Dyslexia.

I had not noticed until now. Ill fix it thank you Mr Asshat. There is a boy in a wheel chair. Go help him with your helpful comments, He will be able to walk if you just piss him off enough to strangle you.

Where the hell do you go to school where they don't make concessions for dyslexia?

If the only problem is essays why don't you dictate them to someone?
    Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Hunkulese said:

@Akyho

@SeriouslyNow said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

Where the hell do you go to school where they don't make concessions for dyslexia? If the only problem is essays why don't you dictate them to someone?

Because he wants to be dramatic.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@SuperSambo said:

@Akyho said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Akyho said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

D

Sounds good to me.

It seems you are confusing your disability with a licence to be a dick. Saying something like "Sorry for the spelling, but I'm dyslexic" upfront, is hardly like pinning the Star of David to your chest.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@clstirens: I feel like they'll have to update this eventually to expand the world, I'm kinda happy with what I've got so far though... Just a thought

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sambambo

@S0ndor said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Akyho said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Akyho said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

D

Sounds good to me.

It seems you are confusing your disability with a licence to be a dick. Saying something like "Sorry for the spelling, but I'm dyslexic" upfront, is hardly like pinning the Star of David to your chest.

His post in reply to me would indicate that he is deep in his paranoid hole.

It is a lost cause.

zecriah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zecriah

WELL THIS GOT OUT OF HAND QUICKLY

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

@Zecriah said:

WELL THIS GOT OUT OF HAND QUICKLY

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Panpipe

I also think that people in wheelchairs should wear a badge that says W (stands for wheelchair),

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By damswedon

@Panpipe said:

I also think that people in wheelchairs should wear a badge that says W (stands for wheelchair),

Isn't the Wheelchair already the identifier?

Unless of course you mean the W is part of a sick paint job for the chair.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Azteck

Honestly the biggest reason for me, personally, not to get it is the complete lack of mods which at this point make up for 90% of my enjoyment of it. Especially things like the Tekkit pack. Losing that part of it makes the experience incredibly lackluster.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By Justin258
    No Caption Provided
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tunaburn

@Akyho: @WickedCobra03: @Ravenlight: thanks guys. ive never played it. never watched anyone play it. so i think ill get it for xbox. i like to create shit from the comfort of my couch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Jeff seemed like he went pretty fucking far down before he hit the edge of the world.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Berserk007

@Akyho: In the future you may want to preface your post by saying you are dyslexic, this is the internet after all....

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Akyho said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Akyho said:

@AlianthaBerries said:

D

Plenty of dyslexic people get by without resorting to being assholes (my mother and best friend included) why are you so special?

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By trace

The OP has requested for this topic to be closed, and given how wildly off-subject it's gone, I see no problem with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.