Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Duders, I think I'm done with Minecraft.

KingTut91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KingTut91

After holding out against the massive hordes and building intricate domains filled with wondrous pixellated crafts I suddenly looked back at all the hours invested in Minecraft. Once I did that I realized that I had had a massive amount of fun but had finished what I wanted to get out of minecraft. I wasn't interested in merely building things or seeing what the adventure mode was about. Survival was where it was at for me and I had a glorious time with it. Now I find myself happy I purchased the game but I doubt I will return to it once it's updated and the alpha is improved. Anyone else finding this to be the case?

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Im not done until I build a castle in the sky.   As high as i can possibly go.

KingTut91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KingTut91

I do not possess that attitude, the virtual lego doesn't really appeal to me if there isn't a consequence or reason to do so beyond my own personal drive. That said, good luck with your quest to build castles of seemingly infinite height in the sky.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck
    @Resident4t said:
    " Im not done until I build a castle in the sky.   As high as i can possibly go. "
    Make sure to make a video of you jumping off it as well. It's basically what I would do if I built a huge tower. It's what I do most of the time in games when I find huge buildings.
    Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainTightPants
    @Azteck said:

" @Resident4t said:

" Im not done until I build a castle in the sky.   As high as i can possibly go. "
    Make sure to make a video of you jumping off it as well. It's basically what I would do if I built a huge tower. It's what I do most of the time in games when I find huge buildings. "
    Sure thing, but it would take ages seeing as I also plan on making a cart ride from up there :)
    Edit: Roller coaster in the sky, 2nd thing on the To-Do list now.
    Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Adamsons

I'm bored of it at the moment but will probably revisit it when it has had further development.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By George_Hukas

I experienced something similar.. Its really easy to get burnt out on a game like minecraft .. Survival is my favorite as well, I hope in the end that mode gets blown out with features

KingTut91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KingTut91

@cide
    I'm looking forward to inclusion of more mobs and crafts but beyond that... I don't know. I'm giving it a break as Civ V and Halo Reach have been untouched while I've had this going. I guess we will both see what the future holds for minecraft. Hopefully it will go beyond 1:1 models and sky castle building.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By English

I definitely get this feeling, and after one has spent a good amount of time in the game they may feel they've done everything. If you haven't yet it may be worthwhile looking up minecart boosting or water elevators with boats for a couple of interesting things you can try in game. I also enjoyed using invedit to give myself a ton of items blocks to mess around with.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

I've taken a "Jeff Star Trek Online" approach to playing minecraft. After playing for two long sessions I haven't got much of an urge to go back, but I plan on checking in on it every so often.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.