Enderman

#1 Posted by Ricerx (64 posts) -

Let's Discuss this. 
#2 Posted by saxmusician20 (135 posts) -
@Ricerx said:

Let's Discuss this. 
Ummmm.... I am sure there a better Minecraft videos??? Still a little creepy though. 
#3 Posted by Ricerx (64 posts) -
@saxmusician20: It is rumored to be the new Mob in the game. I have no idea if the rumor is true. 
#4 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -
@Ricerx said:

@saxmusician20: It is rumored to be the new Mob in the game. I have no idea if the rumor is true. 

It is a new mob, currently called the "Enderman" but may be renamed the "Farlander"

It is a passive mob that can pick up some blocks (I assume sand, dirt and gravel) and will move them somewhere else and place them,
If however the player looks directly at the Enderman (by putting your crosshairs directly on it) it will stop what it is doing and freeze, staring directly at you.
If and when this happens, and the player were to look away from the Enderman, it will charge at you (apparently it moves really fast) and will teleport in front of you if you get too far away from it.

It's basically the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who

Notch blogged about it a while ago: The Psychology of the Reticle

They also can't see you if you are wearing a pumpkin on your head.
#5 Posted by saxmusician20 (135 posts) -

Good god, I thought it was fake. That's REALLY creepy now especially if they put the sound effects with it.

#6 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

The video is fake, the mob isn't.

#7 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

That is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

#8 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

I like it! They can move blocks supposedly or something, and it reminds me of my favorite episode from the new Doctor Who Series.

#9 Posted by Ricerx (64 posts) -
#10 Posted by FlipperDesert (2087 posts) -
@Ricerx said:
This. I don't think any game has been as good at making me not want to explore outside of a very comfy room like Minecraft has been. I'm shit scared of everything in it.
#11 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Old news duder, heard about this ages ago...

#12 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

I love minecraft.

#13 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Notch confirmed it, also they look and sound scary as hell.

#14 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I can already imagine the constant messages of "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT I DIED" that will pop up for the first week or so on multiplayer servers.

#15 Posted by Thoseposers (785 posts) -

So i guess notch has played Puzzle Agent

#16 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Can't wait to see it in action. Definitely not taking my game off peaceful though.

#17 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3093 posts) -

My favorite part about them is that they can move blocks.  Does that mean if you try to hide from one inside, it might start disassembling your walls behind your back to get to you?

#18 Posted by Soap (3592 posts) -
#19 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad: I doubt it will be able to pick up any block, personally, I think it will be limited to Dirt, Sand and Gravel
#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

It's like the shadow man from LSD, only slightly worse.

#21 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:
My favorite part about them is that they can move blocks.  Does that mean if you try to hide from one inside, it might start disassembling your walls behind your back to get to you?
Hes doing it right now at your front door. 
#22 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -
@Thoseposers said:

Or any Mario game. Or watched Dr. Who.

This isn't exactly a new concept.
#23 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

@Thoseposers said:

Or any Mario game. Or watched Dr. Who. This isn't exactly a new concept.

The whispering noises sound like they came straight out of Puzzle Agent.

#24 Posted by TearsInRain (269 posts) -

Ohh creepy!  I love Minecraft.

#25 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

oh god... my fear of creepers has only just subsided :(

#26 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

And I thought creepers were bad enough, this thing will haunt my nightmares :<

#27 Posted by rmanthorp (3949 posts) -

KILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLIT

#28 Posted by Saethir (353 posts) -

The Angels are in the machine!

#29 Posted by ghostNPC (777 posts) -

Excellent. I love absolutely everything about this design. Really nailed down how to make a mob creepy.

#30 Posted by 9cupsoftea (654 posts) -

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand it seems like an awesomely designed and really unique mob. 

On the other hand I shit myself just thinking about it. I worry this might make survival feel more like some kind of strange horror experience. It's one thing to have creepers chase you like some random baddie - it's another thing to have some tall lanky monster with beady white eyes teleport towards you, and have to avoid/keep your reticule on it.

#31 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

Its becoming increasingly unlikely that i'll finish that hogwarts house.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.