Games like Minecraft???

#1 Posted by zellar (32 posts) -

Minecraft would be so cool if it had awesome graphics....what games are like Minecraft....that have great graphics?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35780 posts) -

Craftmine?

#3 Posted by SuperSambo (2849 posts) -

Rockband

#4 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

you can change skins and stuff in minecraft to tailor it to your tastes but its block based gameplay so it never looks like skyrim or anything. Dont know any alternatives im afraid.

#5 Posted by EXTomar (4442 posts) -

What do you mean "like Minecraft"? That could be anything from Terriera to Dwarf Fotress to a bunch of games with a designer.

#6 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4237 posts) -

Lego.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

Dragon Ball Z.

#8 Posted by Bollard (5197 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

Lego.

#9 Posted by believer258 (11555 posts) -

Terraria.

If graphics are what you're looking for, Minecraft and its ilk probably aren't what you're playing since they're by necessity blocky.

Also, you can add texture packs into Minecraft that make it look different and better. There's one called "Photorealism" or something like that that makes it look pretty clean and clear from what I've seen. You can try that.

#10 Posted by benpicko (1978 posts) -

Download some shader mods and high res texture packs and it looks great.

#11 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

Rockband

oh god this made me lol hard

#12 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

Errrrr I don't know. Does it really matter? I think Minecraft looks awesome anyway

#13 Posted by BaneFireLord (2906 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Lego.

This is one of the most redundant things ever.

#14 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

Dragon Age 2 also MGS4 to a lesser degree.

#15 Posted by louiedog (2333 posts) -

Minecraft

#16 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -
#17 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Garry's Mod. 
Little Big Planet.

#18 Edited by Bollard (5197 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Lego.

This is one of the most redundant things ever.

You mean this thread?

@Vager said:

You won't find a better game graphic wise than Minecraft or Terraria.

If you haven't tried Technic for Minecraft yet, you should. It might get you back to playing Minecraft again like it did for me. It's basically a huge mod complication that's really easy to install.

Here's a few similar games I can think of:

That Technic is pretty sweet... Any idea how easy it is to get that Tekkit working? Would love to have some mod action on the local server I put up when I play with a couple of friends.

#19 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

Terraria is as close as you're going to get to the same gameplay. It's 2D instead of 3D but it doesn't have that blocky visual style.

#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2668 posts) -

The only game that plays just like Minecraft but with Crysis level graphics that I can think of is Real Sound.

#21 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

The Sims.

#23 Posted by BioFinix (8 posts) -
#24 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

@BioFinix: *Gasp* Necromancer!

#25 Posted by iTreefish (62 posts) -
#26 Posted by BioFinix (8 posts) -

@Irvandus: erm....whut? :L

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.