Gametrailers Review/Reviews in General

#1 Posted by IroN1c (496 posts) -

What do you think about Minecraft getting reviewed? Is it game you can score or do you think it should be treated as something else? I know that this discussion is old but most PC Magazines didn't assign a score to Minecraft while most publications are scoring the 360 release.

Fun thing btw:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-minecraft/729926

Brad getting kicked @ 01:40 :)

#2 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

How can you give a game a score that is only as good as your imagination?

Seems like a retard would give it a 0/10 while anyone who has ever loved lego would score it perfect.

I have no interest in the game but I don't see how you can give it a score based review.

#3 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

You could give it an overall product review- for example on PC it kinda runs like crap unless you install mods because for some ridiculous reason they coded it in Java. It can also be buggy as all hell (e.g. chunk errors).

But it is also a really nice sandbox game with a unique art style.

Yeah, I don't know about scores. :|

#4 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Of course you can score it.

#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10290 posts) -

I think the PC version was a weird issue since it gained popularity long before it was properly "out" so when it was finally released on PC, no one cared to review it because Minecraft was a known commodity. At least here it's not in beta, it's out and ready to be reviewed. It's also the first time the entire Minecraft experience is available from a service like XBLA (I'm going to say the iOS version doesn't really count), so it's a good opportunity to review it.

#6 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@GS_Dan said:

You could give it an overall product review- for example on PC it kinda runs like crap unless you install mods because for some ridiculous reason they coded it in Java. It can also be buggy as all hell (e.g. chunk errors).

Runs perfect for me on both OS X and Windows without mods, never had an issue with it on any PC actually. Strange.

OS X had a lot of issues with it until some Java updates came out however.

#7 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

@Sooty:lolz BF3 runs better than Minecraft for me :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.