Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Having some very horrible problems... :(

dapperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dapperman

I have only got Minecraft recently and have tried to mod my game (horrid mistake No.1) 

This process failed miserably and when I tried to regain my file, I must have backed up my bin or jar badly... 
    the game is corrupt, everytime I try to play browser or not, it goes black and not responding 

I have tried to  delete and redownload to the game again but to no avail :/ 
    I am expecting some shit from you dudes for modding it but I'll raise my hands as to having done this to myself, just trying to salvage it... so guys am I basically forever fucked now? :S

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Capum15

I've modded with almost no problems (though just with rather simple ones). Try and delete the Minecraft Bin folder as a whole. When you restart Minecraft it should re-download it. The one thing I don't like about modding is that you can play MP with it. Eh, guess it's good to keep two versions of the Minecraft Jar file.

Anyway, that's all I can really say to try and help. Each time it went to black for me, I deleted the entire file and had it re-download. Worked fine.

dapperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dapperman
    @Capum15

Thanks for the advice, I have tried this and to no avail.

Have then looked in the newly downloaded file to find myself unable to see the bin file :S

It just seems a awful thing to happen.
    (I don't give a crap 'bout saves, I just want to play the game)

And with the beta approaching seems a terrible time maybe have to re-purchase

But then again it's probably the files on the computer.... ARGH someone help!!!
    Alix84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Alix84

Maybe it would work if you not only delete the bin, but the whole file.

Which is:
    For Windows 7 and Vista
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft

Windows XP  :
     C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserName>\Application Data\ .minecraft 

If you already tried this I don't know what to tell you. But re-purchasing the game won't help because that's just changing the account from free to premium. Which has nothing to do with the files on the computer.
    You could always ask the folks down at the Minecraft Fourms.
     http://minecraftforum.net/index.php
    Good luck.

dapperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dapperman
    @Alix84 Well do thanks!

Having calmed down a bit Im hopeful that the beta is a blessing in disguise.

It'll probably going to be a new seperate download which might work in my favour.

If that doesn't help I'll go to the Official forums thanks duder

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.