Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

HDTV required for 360 split screen?!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I have never hear of such bull! I mean I understand that it's 2012 and all but that's such a ridiculous thing to require and what's worse is it's not mentioned anywhere untill after purchase. Has any other game tried to pull this off? http://kotaku.com/5909053/xbox-minecraft-locks-some-players-out-of-its-biggest-new-feature

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

You want to play a 480i/p screen which is split in half? Minecraft is already made of hard pixels but do you realize how unwatchable that would be...? Or perhaps you're using a component cable. I guess in that case it does suck/ You can find HDMI cables for like $2 though.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Toxeia

Let's play video games on a 640x240 pixel screen. Huzzah.

Does it work with component cables (Red+Green+Blue)? If it's HDMI only then I'll call bull with you, but I totally understand it on a composite connection (Yellow).

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Games used to work in split-screen before HDTVs, so this seems crazy to me.

Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

It isn't really the fact that it would look like total garbage, but that the hdtv requirement isn't mentioned untill AFTER purchase

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

@LiquidPrince said:

You want to play a 480i/p screen which is split in half? Minecraft is already made of hard pixels but do you realize how unwatchable that would be...? Or perhaps you're using a component cable. I guess in that case it does suck/ You can find HDMI cables for like $2 though.

@Toxeia said:

Does it work with component cables (Red+Green+Blue)? If it's HDMI only then I'll call bull with you, but I totally understand it on a composite connection (Yellow).

Did you guys ever play PS1 games with your friends?

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killacam

i just like how your mii is your pic. carry on.

Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oscar__Explosion
    @killacam
    i just like how your mii is your pic. carry on.
    Thanks
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By hockeymask27

Bummer what if you set the the display to widescreen in the system settings?@Oscar__Explosion said:

I have never hear of such bull! I mean I understand that it's 2012 and all but that's such a ridiculous thing to require and what's worse is it's not mentioned anywhere untill after purchase. Has any other game tried to pull this off? http://kotaku.com/5909053/xbox-minecraft-locks-some-players-out-of-its-biggest-new-feature
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Oscar__Explosion
    @Hockeymask27

Bummer what if you set the the display to widescreen in the system settings?@Oscar__Explosion said:

No idea if that will work. I just read the story and thought it was totally messed up.
    Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Toxeia

@believer258: Psh, shows what you know. I never had friends.

I know that it used to be every multi-player game was a split screen, and it worked fine for that stuff. They were also trying to make things look not-pixelated. As LiquidPrince said (second post) the harsh pixels and block-heavy art of Minecraft will be a utter and complete hellscape upon your eyes if you try to play it in a split screen at standard def.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By TentPole

That's Notch for you. Always trying to fuck the little guy.

libb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By libb

The reason they made it HD only is all of the text for the inventory system. As someone who tried to play two player co-op Borderlands on a SD screen and nearly went blind, just thinking about four player Minecraft on a tube TV is making my eyesight worse.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By tim_the_corsair

They don't list 'will not run one Commodore 64 Tape Deck' in PC game minimum requirements either.

Time to get with the times boys and girls.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Tim_the_Corsair
    They don't list 'will not run one Commodore 64 Tape Deck' in PC game minimum requirements either.

Time to get with the times boys and girls.
    Also, typo. Wish they'd make the mobile site not shit
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

@believer258 said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Toxeia said:

Did you guys ever play PS1 games with your friends?

Yeah, and I hated split screen then as well.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By nintendoeats

Do you know how to code things? I sort of do...barely...and let me tell you: sometimes weird things are hard.

Case in point, I just found out that it's actually easier to code movement using an analog stick than the movement keys. Not that it's all that hard, but it's a little tricky Who would have thought?

So I can see how this would happen. and it affects a percentage of percentage of users. Sorry.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By louiedog

@Libb said:

The reason they made it HD only is all of the text for the inventory system. As someone who tried to play two player co-op Borderlands on a SD screen and nearly went blind, just thinking about four player Minecraft on a tube TV is making my eyesight worse.

I just played 10 minutes of split screen and it's true that text is already pretty tiny in HD. However, if that's the only reason then it's a poor one. Text in that game is completely unnecessary after you've learned the icons.

@TentPole said:

That's Notch for you. Always trying to fuck the little guy.

Gross. What is it with Sweden and their weird fascination with gnomes?

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darkvare

you know what pisses me off the way re5 does splitscreen and also borderlands

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.