Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

How do you survive in the Nether?

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

I'd like to mess with portals but I have a hard time doing anything in the Nether without getting blasted by ghasts left and right. The best solution I've come up with so far is to start any Nether projects by building a lot of defensive walls around the area first, but that isn't always practical. I was wondering how everyone else who makes use of portals and the Nether survives those flying jellyfish assholes.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

You are doing the right thing. You will have to build a small house around it made of stone or glass. Then go from there. 

BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BitterAlmond

Don't forget that they may be too distant to attack with a sword, but they only take four arrows to kill. Aim right and you can clear an area of ghasts for a long enough period to build anything necessary (within reason).

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TheAdmin

Step 1. Make a portal 
    Step 2. Go into the nether 
    Step 3 Turn on peaceful mode 
    Step 4: Survive!

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DAFTPUNK
    @99X: what's the point then, the nether is supposed to be hard putting it peaceful would make it pointless:)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.