How does this game handle visitor saves?

#1 Posted by spiceninja (3070 posts) -

Or if that even exists.

I started playing with a friend on the 360 version today to show him the ropes. We played for a few good hours and I got some good stuff. I was in his world so it's going to keep all of his things but what about mine? Am I going to keep anything that I got or do I start with nothing every time I join back?

#2 Posted by believer258 (12186 posts) -

I think that he "owns" the game world (or whatever you want to call it), and his world includes all of the characters and the stuff that was done on it. So, essentially, if he starts up the same game with the same world, and you join it, then you'll have all of the stuff that you had when you left it. However, if he starts up a different world, then you'll start anew.

See what I'm saying?

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I think that he "owns" the game world (or whatever you want to call it), and his world includes all of the characters and the stuff that was done on it. So, essentially, if he starts up the same game with the same world, and you join it, then you'll have all of the stuff that you had when you left it. However, if he starts up a different world, then you'll start anew.

See what I'm saying?

yup this is pretty much it. if you join any time he loads up the world, you're set.

#4 Posted by spiceninja (3070 posts) -

This is great news. Thanks for the confirmation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.