How'd I Do?

#1 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -

So I've been bored the last couple of days so I decided to build something in Minecraft, here's the results:

(You hide the HUD with F1)
It took about 4-5 hours, mostly spent on the Bomb itself, I mostly eyeballed it but used a reference picture to make sure I got the dimensions and placement looking right, although you probably can't tell at this height I'm using the DokuCraft - The Saga ContinuesTexture Pack. (You'll need MCPatcher to make it work)

So, what do you think? pretty snazzy right?

EDIT: Ack, that'll teach me, I kinda always thought while building it that others would have done this before but it never occured to me to check here before posting, the other duder with the same idea is here: Building a Giant Bomb Logo in Minecraft Good work.
#2 Posted by kuz101 (209 posts) -

That is fantastic.

#3 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

It's a Giant Bomb! Run!

Looks good, only thing that is a little off is that the eye goes a bit too far down, also there's no shine on the bomb. Still, it looks great.

#4 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Congrats, you just S-ranked Minecraft.

#5 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4744 posts) -

That is the worst thing I've ever seen. You should be ashamed.

Lol, I kid I kid. That's actually really cool. I always wish I could do stuff like that in games like these, but I simply do not have the patience.

#6 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -
@MaFoLu: yeah I see that now, I might edit it sometime, but I'm just glad I finished it, a great amount of fatigue set in near the end
#7 Posted by BeachThunder (12304 posts) -
The bomb looks great; the G and Bs look a little wonky though. Also, you forgot the highlight on the bomb...
#8 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

Good job, my son.

#9 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -
@BeachThunder: Now that I'm looking at it with fresh eyes I see all of the little imperfections, it's bugging the hell out of me!
#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Nice

#11 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -

looks great duder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.