I cant play minecraft until it has native gamepad support.

#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

I just cant do shooters(READ: Games played from the first person perspective) on a keyboard and mouse. Any word if this is remotely in the works?

#2 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

Probably not, but Minecraft is a pretty good game to learn to navigate WASD+mouse on, since it's relatively undemanding and has a pretty wide margin of 'aiming' error. Might as well learn sometime, you'll open up a world of possibilities when you do! ( I learned on Mass Effect just a few years ago, myself. )

#3 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Their making an xbox version so it wouldn't be hard to apply that to the pc game I guess. Mind if I ask why it's such a problem? I mean shooters are pretty well tailored to a mouse and keyboard.

#4 Posted by Spankmealotus (283 posts) -

Just wait for the Kinect version, I bet that will be stellar.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

@Devil240Z:

The game is coming to Xbox 360 so you'll get your chance then.

#6 Edited by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

@litrock: @NekuCTR:

Its mostly dumb stuff. My desk and chair is crap so its hard to get comfortable hovering over my computer. and my space bar is all gummed up cause I spilled soda on it. But I am a console kid too so I just prefer a controller when I can have it.

#7 Posted by PopeSlyph (5 posts) -

You want Minecraft to have native gamepad support because... You spilled soda on your keyboard?

#8 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

You could try downloading something like Xpadder, and hooking a controller up to it.

#9 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
#10 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

My brother plays it with a ps3 controller, it can't be too hard to set up.

#11 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

Minecraft does have native gamepad support.

#12 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

@Buzzkill said:

Minecraft does have native gamepad support.

That's a piece of shit using nothing but a touch pad. A little OT but, still, why play it on that when you can play it on a PC?!

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@mandude said:

You could try downloading something like Xpadder, and hooking a controller up to it.

I use that setup occasionally. It was dirt-simple to configure and is better on my wrists for massive strip-mining projects.

Sounds like the OP is just lazy, though.

#14 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

@mandude said:

thats what i did. i just googled 'minecraft 360 controller support' and 5 mins later was playing minecraft with my 360 controller.

#15 Posted by yoshisaur (2701 posts) -

@PopeSlyph said:

You want Minecraft to have native gamepad support because... You spilled soda on your keyboard?

#16 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

Just use Xpadder, you basically create the template of any controller you're using a map the controls to it, however you like.

http://xpadder.com/

#17 Posted by believer258 (11797 posts) -

Throw my vote in for XPadder. I used that on Minecraft a few times a while back and it works, though I switched back to M+K because it just worked so much better for me.

Also, rule of thumb: Soda does not go near computers. Pain in the bum, I know, but the two do not mix well.

#18 Posted by art_monkey79 (27 posts) -

I thought the same thing. I prefer a controller over keyboard and mouse, because of a physical disability, it's just easier. Though I found mind craft is slow enough, in your reaction time that I find keyboard and mouse the way to go. Your in the inventory enough that being able to select things with the mouse comes in handy.

This is a create game and the controls wont take away from the experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.