Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

I did not know it could snow in Minecraft

dvaeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By dvaeg

I feel into a big hole when a green monster exploded in my fortress.   I had no mats on me, and 1/2 of a heart left.   It was dark and I couldn't climb my way out.    Frustrated, I did the only thing I could think of, delete my world and start again.   Lo and behold, my new map looks like this:

Winter Minecraft
    Winter Minecraft
    So now what?!
    Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ComradeKritstov

Build an igloo.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

Yeah it was added in an update in july i think. Its no biggie, ice and snow can be pretty fun to play with, but its the same old minecraft. 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

With Minecraft you find something new everyday (thanks to daily updates from notch I guess).

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thebeast

Real biomes are coming in an update apparently, so you'll be able to find snowy, desert, etc. areas in the same world.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TheBeast said:
    " Real biomes are coming in an update apparently, so you'll be able to find snowy, desert, etc. areas in the same world. "
    What about rain? Also. My first world was snowing. I was throwing snow balls at creepers. 
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thebeast
    @The_Laughing_Man I imagine there's plans for weather at some point too, a thunderstorm which causes cave-ins would be awesome. Not sure if he'll have a rain biome temporarily - I think he's only mentioned snow, desert and floating island biomes.
    dvaeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By dvaeg

This is probably the best $13 I've spent since that night in Bangkok. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TheBeast said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man I imagine there's plans for weather at some point too, a thunderstorm which causes cave-ins would be awesome. Not sure if he'll have a rain biome temporarily - I think he's only mentioned snow, desert and floating island biomes. "
    Any advice to give? I just know my little start home I keep hearing skeltons underground. And I am having massive issues finding anything higher then coal... strangely...a crap ton of Flint...speaking of which. How do I make the fire maker thingy? 
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

My world's always been snowy, I love it <3

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By memo
    @dvaeg: hit F and it toggles the fog too
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thebeast
    @The_Laughing_Man: Sounds like you need to mine more - either dig a shaft straight down until you find a cave, or go looking for a cave - the closer to bedrock you are, the higher quality materials you'll find. Iron and diamond are probably the most important at the moment.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TheBeast said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Sounds like you need to mine more - either dig a shaft straight down until you find a cave, or go looking for a cave - the closer to bedrock you are, the higher quality materials you'll find. Iron and diamond are probably the most important at the moment. "
    I am digging straight down. I just started a mine shaft and found a TON of coal. 
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raymayne
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @TheBeast said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Sounds like you need to mine more - either dig a shaft straight down until you find a cave, or go looking for a cave - the closer to bedrock you are, the higher quality materials you'll find. Iron and diamond are probably the most important at the moment. "
    I am digging straight down. I just started a mine shaft and found a TON of coal.  "
    Keep digging. 0_0
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

It was added in an update if I remember correctly. 
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Driadon

I keep hoping I can get a snowy level in a world I make, but alas, it hasn't worked out. I want to throw snowballs at skeletons!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xeiphyer

Water freezes into ice! You can make snowballs and throw them! Its awesome!

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crazyleaves
    @The_Laughing_Man: Recipe List.  As far as finding a cave be careful. I always keep a few blocks between me and wherever I'm digging. A couple times got screwed by a mob spawn, and digging straight down is risky. If you do keep a bucket of water on you. So you can put your ass out.
    Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Sanious
    @The_Laughing_Man: I watched a video of a guy that explained a technique that I found has worked in my favor. Find stone, dig a few blocks in and just dig all the way down. Make sure you dig down to make the blocks like steps. When you see the black striped blocks, the ones you can't dig through, stop. Then dig a long hallway and down the hallway make other hallways branch out every 2 to 3 blocks. Then just keep digging and digging down the branched hallways, you'll come across stuff. 

The only thing you have to be careful about is lava, so bring blocks and buckets of water just in case. 
    Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mighty

Noice!
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By BraveToaster

Watch out for the polar bears.

Nonethewiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nonethewiser

snow fucking sucks. delete it and start again. honestly, you could play in it... but snow is so annoying. its depressing rly. id rather go outside when there is sun and nothing blocking it and I. I'm wearing a suit.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scrawnto

My first world is snowy. I like it. My advice is look for natural caves. The odds of finding iron seem higher in those. Some will take you all the way down to diamond too.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MikkaQ

I got a snowy world, and it was fun at first but got to be a pain in the ass when I wanted to do anything involving water. It would just freeze and whatnot. No fun. So I removed it with a map editor, since I was waay too invested in what I had made already. 

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By raiz265
    @TheBeast said:
    " Real biomes are coming in an update apparently, so you'll be able to find snowy, desert, etc. areas in the same world. "
    so will you have to start with a new world to have stuff like that in effect? 

don't want to leave my mountain-fortress-mine-base-thingie behind :(
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Capum15

My first world was snowy. It was pretty cool, but I eventually started a new one so I could play without snow.
     @Sanious said:

" @The_Laughing_Man: I watched a video of a guy that explained a technique that I found has worked in my favor. Find stone, dig a few blocks in and just dig all the way down. Make sure you dig down to make the blocks like steps. When you see the black striped blocks, the ones you can't dig through, stop. Then dig a long hallway and down the hallway make other hallways branch out every 2 to 3 blocks. Then just keep digging and digging down the branched hallways, you'll come across stuff.  The only thing you have to be careful about is lava, so bring blocks and buckets of water just in case.  "

Oh wow, that's awesome, I've yet to find anything more than Iron due to not really knowing to dig down that far. Thought I had to find natural caves that went down like that. Whelp, time to expand my secondary area of my main base into a mine. If I can find my base though....being lost sucks.
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By jorbear
    @Axxol: Wait, wut? 
    I'm scared. 
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FunExplosions

Someone needs to recreate the Battle of Hoth. And make their house the inside of a yeti's stomach.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm

Did you play a single player game? I'd like to play this, but I don't wanna go online and have people ruin my shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.