Is Mojang done updating Minecraft?

#1 Posted by Cubidog1 (215 posts) -

There has not been an update for a while. I would really like the tutorials and crafting interface to be updated to be like the 360 version. Maybe making it optional? Either way, I want to know if they are done with Minecraft.

#2 Edited by Lagaroth (169 posts) -

No, they still do previews of parts of the next patch you can download and test. They have some stupid name for it, but look in the news section of their site.

Edit: 'Snapshots'.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1218184-snapshot-12w19a-is-ready-for-testing/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1203135-snapshot-12w18a-is-here-for-testing/

#3 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

I don't think they are quite yet, there's still a lot they can do with the PC version, and the 360 version is practically the Alpha with a bit of Beta in it, so there's lots to do there.

#4 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

No they still do weekly updates called Snapshots.

#5 Posted by yoshisaur (2665 posts) -

I think notch stepped down to work on his new project and gave it to his partner. As someone has already posted, thu are called snapshots which is one reason it can be hard for someone to find info on it.

#6 Posted by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

@Cubidog1 said:

There has not been an update for a while. I would really like the tutorials and crafting interface to be updated to be like the 360 version. Maybe making it optional? Either way, I want to know if they are done with Minecraft.

minecraft will still update just not as often as before. To be honest if they do say theyre "done" i would learn how to mod and continue to expand on my own minecraft.

notch stepped down to work on something else, now jeb runs the show.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.