Launch trailer for Minecraft documentary

#1 Edited by Zapato (98 posts) -

Newly released launch trailer for the Minecraft documentary. By 2 player productions:

Despite whether you like the game or not. It sounds pretty impressive and interesting to watch.

#2 Posted by Humanity (9299 posts) -

This is the part of the movie where Notch sat around and played other games and didn't fix a lot of stuff with his game. This is where Notch said some borderline racist things, and then followed that with flat out racist things. I can't wait actually.

#3 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4605 posts) -

Looks like it might be interesting in a self-aggrandizing sort of way.

So basically, a documentary.

#4 Posted by fetchfox (1268 posts) -

From the trailer this seems too much focused (or solely) on the good parts of the game, the production, reaction aso. A documentary should always strive for a certain neutrality. I hope they have maintained that here, though I'm doubtful.

#5 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

arent these the same dudes that are doing the double fine documentary?

#6 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Why so cheesy? cringe

#7 Posted by lightsoda (541 posts) -

@casper_: Yup, also Amnesia Fortnight.

Anyone know if this will be on steam like Indie Game: The Movie? Either way, I want to get this.

#8 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

Wait, is Minecraft not cool anymore? Are we all shitting on Notch now? Just want to make sure I'm "with it."

#9 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@mtcantor: I thought indifference was always the thing!

Nevertheless, the documentary looks interesting enough and since they're premiering it on a Saturday I figure I'll give it a look.

#10 Posted by Zapato (98 posts) -

Personally: I think it would be interesting to watch some of the industry's finest talking about the game.

#11 Posted by StarFoxA (5158 posts) -

@fetchfox said:

From the trailer this seems too much focused (or solely) on the good parts of the game, the production, reaction aso. A documentary should always strive for a certain neutrality. I hope they have maintained that here, though I'm doubtful.

I mean, what else is there to cover? There isn't much controversy about the game (aside from self-entitled fans who don't think Notch focuses on the right things to implement in the game), and it's not like there are "two sides" to the story.

#12 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

This looks very self congratulating, kind of like giving high-five to yourself.

#13 Posted by J12088 (453 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

Wait, is Minecraft not cool anymore? Are we all shitting on Notch now? Just want to make sure I'm "with it."

People are allowed an opinion other than yours oh great one.

#14 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

@J12088 said:

@mtcantor said:

People are allowed an opinion other than yours oh great one.

It's cool. Just wanted to make sure this was actually where the zeitgeist was headed.

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@mtcantor

You haven't heard? Everyone cool hates Notch and Minecraft now. Man, what a square.
#16 Posted by DeeGee (2126 posts) -

Everything I have seen of Notch shows him to be extremely uncharismatic, socially awkward and often quite rude. I expect this documentary will be hard to watch.

#17 Posted by sionweeks (649 posts) -

This trailer is so similar to the trailers for Indie Game: The Movie.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

When did this come out?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.