Man makes working computer in Minecraft. I shit self.

• 114 results
#51 Edited by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

I am now intrigued by Minecraft.

#52 Posted by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

Dude, holy shit.

#53 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@MethodMan008 said:
" he's probably getting a blowjob while he is recording the video "
How could you not after doing something amazing like that?
#54 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
This makes me feel insignificant in Minecraft. All I can make are houses and bridges.
#55 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

What. The.

#56 Posted by DragonBloodthirsty (470 posts) -
@Majkiboy said:
" dude needs to get laid "

Ever noticed how, whenever somebody spends their time doing anything, somebody thinks they need to get laid?  It never fails.

It's a kinda cool computer thing, although computers don't get my motor going.

#57 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'm curious if there's any limitation within Minecraft when it comes to the redstone logic gates or game world size that's going to cap the project.  Either way it's neat, but it is kind of an autistic-type project.

#58 Posted by wrathofconn (1463 posts) -
@gakon5
Here's the logical conclusion of this: http://xkcd.com/505/

Yes, I was hoping someone would post that exact response.
#59 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

i find it funny that he has doors and closes them.

#60 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Ugh, this is the kind of thing that makes me depressed for humanity. Even the fairly smart people are wasting their time doing things of profound unimportance. I guess it just goes to show, it's one thing to be smart or have a talent, it's another to know how to use that to your advantage and make the most of it.

#61 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:
" Ugh, this is the kind of thing that makes me depressed for humanity. Even the fairly smart people are wasting their time doing things of profound unimportance. I guess it just goes to show, it's one thing to be smart or have a talent, it's another to know how to use that to your advantage and make the most of it. "
Why assume he's doing nothing with his life or never will?  That assumption leads to apathy.  Stop it.
#62 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" Ugh, this is the kind of thing that makes me depressed for humanity. Even the fairly smart people are wasting their time doing things of profound unimportance. I guess it just goes to show, it's one thing to be smart or have a talent, it's another to know how to use that to your advantage and make the most of it. "
Why assume he's doing nothing with his life or never will?  That assumption leads to apathy.  Stop it. "
I am not assuming anything. I'm not saying his entire life is a waste, but he obviously is wasting his time in some form or another.
#63 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Oh my god. I couldn't even come up with the idea to create something like this 

#64 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@DoctorWelch: So? If you're gonna do stuff like that, you might as well have fun doing it. I myself have been using Giant Bomb as a platform for learning programming.
#65 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

That's pretty awesome.

#66 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" He should have taken an isometric screenshot. "
its in survival mode so that would be kinda tough to do. but he could easily make a cartographer screenshot.
#67 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" Could he make so he could play Minecraft in Minecraft? "
Yo dawg I heard you like Mine-...nvm
#68 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

I dont get it. Like.. How does it work? I thought Minecraft was just building with virtual blocks. Color me confused.

#69 Posted by buwchbach (311 posts) -
@Majkiboy said:
" dude needs to get laid "
By me. 
This man is so cool.
#70 Edited by Blair (2507 posts) -

This is refuckingdiculous.

Wow.

EDIT: Those pigs have no idea what the fuck is going on.

#71 Edited by SSully (4192 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:

Dude he just spent his spare time doing this. While i am clearing out near by mountains, building an elaborate minecart system when i have time, this guy is building an ALU. I wish i had the knowledge to do this, because i would. I just started learning about the stuff in intro to programming class and watching this is making me excited and wanting to try it. If you interested in this stuff, its actually fun to do. 
#72 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

God creates dinosaurs. 
God destroys dinosaurs. 
God creates man. 
Man destroys God. 
Man builds working computer in minecraft.

#73 Posted by 9cupsoftea (654 posts) -
@guiseppe said:
" I dont get it. Like.. How does it work? I thought Minecraft was just building with virtual blocks. Color me confused. "
You got a 1 or a 0. There are these little things that if you put two binary numbers in, you get one out. You just get more and more of those little things, making more complex circuitry, and eventually you have a computer. 

Something like that anyway. I dunno.
#74 Edited by me3639 (1760 posts) -

Which one is worse, and which needs more help(mentally)? -----Note this is sarcasm and not intentionally meaning they need serious help.  

It wont embed for some reason so here is the link. 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94

#75 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@guiseppe said:
" I dont get it. Like.. How does it work? I thought Minecraft was just building with virtual blocks. Color me confused. "
Redstone. It allows you to create circuits, and you can make them pretty damn complex if you want.
#76 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

ive no idea what im looking at

#77 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Holy shit that's awesome.

#78 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

That is just mind blowingly scary

#79 Posted by Franstone (1121 posts) -
@Claude said:
"@Bloodgraiv3 said:
"Holy shit! Thats incredible.  Did you guys see the video about the dude making the enterprise in minecraft?  "

Oh man, I looked it up. That guy's voice sounds almost fake. 

"

How do you make a 1:1 scale of something that doesn't even exist...  hah 
#80 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

soooo... what happens if an update gets released that will fuck up all your saves?

#81 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
Why assume he's doing nothing with his life or never will?  That assumption leads to apathy.  Stop it. "
I am not assuming anything. I'm not saying his entire life is a waste, but he obviously is wasting his time in some form or another. "
Yes and your posts here on Giantbomb are curing cancer as we speak....
#82 Posted by Rockdalf (1290 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
I am not assuming anything. I'm not saying his entire life is a waste, but he obviously is wasting his time in some form or another. "
Yes and your posts here on Giantbomb are curing cancer as we speak.... "
No no no, let's lie the responsibility to do great things on people who prove their genius through the trivial.  Obviously since we're such lesser beings on here, we're free to circle jerk while they figure out the hard things.
#83 Edited by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Rockdalf said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @DoctorWelch said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
No no no, let's lie the responsibility to do great things on people who prove their genius through the trivial.  Obviously since we're such lesser beings on here, we're free to circle jerk while they figure out the hard things. "
Yeah, you're right of course.  We should insult people who enjoy themselves playing a game on a games forums which is hosted on a gaming site which is famous for a gaming podcast.  Totally makes sense, because games are not about self gratification at all.  No, self gratification is derived solely from non-sensically insulting people.
#84 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5829 posts) -
@Rockdalf said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @DoctorWelch said:
No no no, let's lie the responsibility to do great things on people who prove their genius through the trivial.  Obviously since we're such lesser beings on here, we're free to circle jerk while they figure out the hard things. "
You need to stfu and learn to have fun. 

<3
#85 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
" soooo... what happens if an update gets released that will fuck up all your saves? "
That's a risk you take when you play a game while it's still in active development. If you're really concerned about this, wait until release.
#86 Posted by fisk0 (4129 posts) -

I remember someone made a computer in Dwarf Fortress, which MineCraft seems to be something of a 3D implementation of.

I wonder if the Dwarf Fortress computer had an compiler though. :)

#87 Edited by Etan (35 posts) -
#88 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
#89 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

....fuck.

#90 Posted by BadNews (508 posts) -

I like how half way in his explanation he, very nonchalant, starts stabbing a pig with a torch.

#91 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

I want to see him play minecraft on his minecraft computer.

#92 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Impressive...

#93 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

I saw this yesterday i was wtf. this game is awesome. i suck at it but its still fun to mess around

#94 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@BadNews said:
" I like how half way in his explanation he, very nonchalant, starts stabbing a pig with a torch. "
That's what Minecraft is all about, pigstabbing with a variety of objects.
#95 Posted by ajamafalous (12001 posts) -

Jesus fucking Christ.

#96 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
#97 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Mikemcn:  Well, they're just a low tier flash game maker.  I think the guy who made this Minecraft video could do a lot better for himself if he applied himself appropriately.

It seems those guys probably profit a lot more by offering the dude a job than anything else (in that they're getting people to view their website).  The skill crossover, talent, and prestige of the Minecraft video and the flash game makers are completely disparate.
#98 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Diamond:   What a company has sold doesn't determine what they will sell in the future.  Maybe he's just the kind of technical talent they need to launch their next big thing.  I love how all of these 'experts' are so quick to critically analyse the person rather than the work he produces.  Where are all your job offers?  Such passive aggressive behaviour is extremely prevalent on the internet these days.  The stink of jealousy is littering this discussion. :/
#99 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

I....................I..............I feel compelled to play Minecraft now.

#100 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow:  It depends on how skilled this Minecraft guy actually is, I can't claim to know from this video and I haven't.  Maybe he just copy pasted the Minecraft ALU design from somewhere else, because he certainly didn't invent the concepts.  However, it's safe to say that these guys are a very long way off from designing a major, successful MMO.  I don't think the people saying the guy needs to get laid are 'experts'.

Why do my job offers come into this?  I'm a writer not a web game designer.  Why are you so defensive about what this guy has done?

Anyways, I know enough about what you're about that I should dismiss your opinion offhand, but I think you should stop worrying about what other people think of other people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.