Maybe this is a stupid question

#1 Posted by dad0ktdid (23 posts) -

I have read about this game for what seems like ages now, but I have no idea what you actually do? Do you just build stuff? Is there a story?

#2 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

There are blocks, you move them around, use them to craft items, use the items to move them faster.

#3 Edited by Berezov (504 posts) -

Take a look at the overview man, it's all explained in there.

#4 Edited by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Very comprehensive walkthrough... OK maybe not, but its a fun series and it should explain a bit. 

EDIT: There's no story, but the community have made some cool custom maps with stories.
#5 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

You can play a free trial on their website.

#6 Posted by dad0ktdid (23 posts) -

Thanks, I had actually read the overview and was still confused. I will check out the free trial, thanks!

#7 Posted by dad0ktdid (23 posts) -
@benpicko Thanks for linking the video. That actually helped.
#8 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

You... SURVIVE!

#9 Posted by Superguy0009e (18 posts) -
@dad0ktdid: best description, using the blocks around you to make tools and shelter, you survive day after day and make cool creations

after the 1.8 update, it will be more like an rpg with dungeons and towns
#10 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -

Aw man, that is the best worst guide ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.