Minecraft and Pokemon: an unlikely fusion.

#1 Posted by Onced (108 posts) -

Since it's inception, I've sunk more hours than I care to admit into the ever popular Pokemon franchise. It was an incredibly useful tool to ignore most of the less important, nagging responsibilities of my childhood such as school and homework. Now more than ever, it has been a fantastic implement to reminiscence the past. Defeating the Elite Four stands out as a defining moment in my childhood where I threw my hands up in the air and declared all was finally well with the universe.

Cut forward a decade, give or take a few years and Minecraft has firmly entrenched its addicting, just-ten-more-minutes procrastinating roots well within the gaming world. While there are some who debate the actual premise of Minecraft being a game in itself, it still stands out as a significant piece of entertainment that has revolutionized the industry.

To my surprise or perhaps horror - I can't decide which - I stumbled upon something which merged both of my pleasures and vices into a scarily promising mod for Minecraft wisely called Pokemobs.

My optimistic self hopes for nothing more than the project to continue, for different features such as Team Rocket, towns and the ability to battle other minecraft trainers to become available. My realistic self realises that it may only be a matter of time before Nintendo spots the project and descends upon the creator with an angry mob of bloodthirsty, money fuelled lawyers. Only time will tell where this creation leads to. I certainly hope it avoids the C&D Order.

#2 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

Wow, thats actually awesome. Minecraft really does have no limits!

#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11625 posts) -

Of all the stupid, stupid things made for Minecraft.... this is by far my favorite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.