Minecraft Coming to Xbox With Kinect Support and... Wait, What?

• 115 results
#51 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

and they will sell millions of copies at 60$, oh gawd 
the Kinect conference was boring

#52 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (322 posts) -

How do you walk...?

#53 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

I'll be using a standard controller, thank you very much.

#54 Posted by Cheesebob (1243 posts) -

Great! Another platform for me to ignore minecraft on!

#55 Posted by Moonshadow101 (572 posts) -

Let's just state the obvious: Everyone will use the Kinect controls. Nobody will use the Kinect controls twice.

#56 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
#57 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1483 posts) -

BREAKING NEWS: ALEX WROTE THIS WHILE NAKED

More on this at 8PM, E3 LIVESTREAM!

#58 Posted by Branthog (5583 posts) -

Finally! I was wondering when I could get racism and homophobia in my Minecraft!

#59 Posted by Kasswara (178 posts) -
@Buttersthatsme: Well played...
#60 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

Why is it that the most interesting and concrete part of this is that Alex wrote this naked?

#61 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Now that you mention it, the best thing about Minecraft for Xbox is that no child actors were involved.

#62 Posted by Branthog (5583 posts) -
#63 Posted by ape_dosmil (514 posts) -
@GozerTC said:
My only question is, am I going to be charged for Minecraft again?  I mean I love the game and all but I'm not sure I want to pay for it again just to play it with my Xbox. (When I already have my computer hooked up to my TV if I want to see giant blocks even BIGGER. :) ) 
You know the answer to this already surely? This is Xbox Live. Yes you will have to pay for it again.
#64 Posted by Maluvin (267 posts) -

Based upon the Microsoft E3 presentation I'm here to announce that Microsoft has flipped things on their head and the Xbox 360 is actually now an accessory for Kinect.

#65 Posted by Branthog (5583 posts) -

@ape_dosmil said:

@GozerTC said:
My only question is, am I going to be charged for Minecraft again? I mean I love the game and all but I'm not sure I want to pay for it again just to play it with my Xbox. (When I already have my computer hooked up to my TV if I want to see giant blocks even BIGGER. :) )
You know the answer to this already surely? This is Xbox Live. Yes you will have to pay for it again.

You'll also have to pay for all the DLC (like when they add zombies) and for all the microtransactions (like the Dr. Pepper branded tee-shirt so you can advertise a company inside the game you paid for).

#66 Posted by dougmansion (139 posts) -

@Buttersthatsme said:

@dougmansion said:

@DantronLesotho: Well, at least your right arm.

My right arm doesn't need any more one sided exercise.

Please don't make me lol when I'm alone in my house. My neighbors already think I'm weird.

#67 Posted by ChrisTobin (56 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
Nice of Microsoft to detail this version so clearly.  "IT HAS KINECT!"  'sigh'
Kinect pretty much confirms it will be terrible, that's about all you need to know really.
#68 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

From Alex Navarro's twitter:

That Minecraft story you all read? Wrote that naked.

#69 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

If I can say "craft 12 ladders" instead of using a controller or motion control to arrange sticks I'd be okay with it.

#70 Posted by Sammo21 (3376 posts) -

No thanks. Microsoft got a D+ for this conference: Kinect focus just failed to...connect.

#71 Posted by Rasgueado (719 posts) -

I guess I'm confused... if you're already playing Minecraft on the PC ... why would you want to play it on the xbox?

The only thing that makes sense for how this game works on the xbox is that you will primarily play it with the controller. The Kinect integration will likely kick in for when you would normally use the mouse to drag icons during crafting and inventory management. Maybe when it comes to placing something on-screen while building.... but I can't imagine anything further than that.

#72 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

What a stupid idea. lol.

#73 Posted by GrumpyTheDorf (64 posts) -

Minecraft on 360? FIST BUMP!

#74 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

@Rasgueado said:

I guess I'm confused... if you're already playing Minecraft on the PC ... why would you want to play it on the xbox?

The only thing that makes sense for how this game works on the xbox is that you will primarily play it with the controller. The Kinect integration will likely kick in for when you would normally use the mouse to drag icons during crafting and inventory management. Maybe when it comes to placing something on-screen while building.... but I can't imagine anything further than that.

why not? i along with my friends have shitty computers that overheat when playing it on PC, i would rather play it on my 55" with friends

#75 Edited by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

I imagine it will look like FortressCraft and will have you swinging your arms around like a tit. 

I cannot see this working whatsoever. 
Does that mean I'm not excited? Of course not. 

I hope it looks the same and they don't try and re vamp the graphics etc. 
I can see loads of kids waving their arms around shouting about how the game is pointless and how the graphics are rubbish and how it looks old. 
The fools :P
#76 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

Ok that's some pretty wild news. Did not expect this one. The kinect support seems a little random though.

#77 Posted by Tankhammer (61 posts) -
@louiedog said:
If I can say "craft 12 ladders" instead of using a controller or motion control to arrange sticks I'd be okay with it.
Maybe we'll have voice-commanded squad-members so you can do massive team-builds even if you have no friends or a server to play on.
#78 Edited by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -
@Khann said:

Yay no mods/paying for mods.

This. Will there even be texture packs? How about cloud saves? I honestly see no reason to play Minecraft on the xbox with its limited ability to handle/offer mods/texture packs or really bring anything new to the table that the PC version won't have. Kinect support? What a joke. The best they could do is voice support like "Select wood block", because selecting it from the tool bar would be soooo incredibly difficult. /sarcasm 
#79 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

All I wanna know is if "Kinect Support" means "Has to be played with Kinect". 
If it does, my interest is at zero.  If not, my interest is at 1,000,000.

#80 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

How can such a broken ass game get on Xbox is beyond me. I imagine it will end up like TF2 on consoles: alone, forgotten and never updated.

#81 Posted by Rasgueado (719 posts) -

@Styl3s said:

@Rasgueado said:

why not? i along with my friends have shitty computers that overheat when playing it on PC, i would rather play it on my 55" with friends

Well I guess you got me there. I have a 9 year old laptop with less than 64mb of video memory in it that doesn't have that problem... Is your case not well ventilated?

#82 Posted by forkboy (1169 posts) -

"This is definitely a thing"

Cannot disagree with that.  I'm excited.

#83 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

This was a big surprise...wonder how it will turn out.

#84 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

I just bought a PC! Oh well....
#85 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

"Well its a thing so theres that"

#86 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Ill play this

#87 Posted by Subjugation (4726 posts) -

Now Xbox users can experience the crazy amount of micro updates too! I wonder what this means for Fortresscraft though.

#88 Edited by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

That's a gigantic boot to the ass for FortressCraft. Not that they did or didn't deserve it... I like how Notch says outright what ideas he's cribbing from games that emulate his (which has always credited Infiniminer and other Github stuff). There's room for plenty more of these games. Yes GAMES RYAN DAVIS. We're not in Alpha anymore. ;)

#89 Posted by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (592 posts) -

Wait... what? No PS3 support yet? 

Mebbe next year, with Final Fantasy's 25th anniversary.

#90 Posted by thedevilbat (49 posts) -

Is minecraft a fucking game yet?

All I remember is that it was a boredom simulator.

#91 Posted by leejunfan83 (1002 posts) -

alex's ass prints are all over this story

#92 Posted by shodan2020 (683 posts) -

I just want to know if I can port my PC purchase of Minecraft over to the 360 when this comes out.

#93 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

minecraft announcement caught me by complete surprise. 

#94 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

Sounds like it would be better with Move. 

#95 Posted by Ascardon (70 posts) -

This was very unexpected,guess microsoft wasn't strapped for cash.yep microsoft is getting deperate,just saying it's time to go back to PC platform.Wich has been long abandoned in favor of xbox 360.

#96 Posted by Nupraptor (30 posts) -

This was only unexpected if you haven't followed anything about Minecraft for the past few months. They had a competition to intergrate Kinect on the PC a little while back.

#97 Posted by PaulKemp (112 posts) -

Too few surprises like this one. Well played MS.

#98 Edited by Timing (622 posts) -
@huner said:

I just hope they also have regular game pad support. Then I'll definitely be on board.

@drowsap said:

This will be good if I can play with a controller

@ImperiousRix said:

All I wanna know is if "Kinect Support" means "Has to be played with Kinect". If it does, my interest is at zero.  If not, my interest is at 1,000,000.

Notch confirmed you'll be able to play it with a controller:

Ben25BBB 25BBB

@ notch Why is it for Kinect?! I just want to play with an Xbox controller!

1 hour ago 

@notch Markus Persson
@ Ben25BBB You will be able to.

1 hour ago via web
#99 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (608 posts) -

Wouldn't use Kinect, but I do look forward to it on the Xbox.

#100 Posted by johnmollb (3 posts) -

i reeaally hope that this won't affect the pc version at all (new features, etc.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.