Minecraft Endurance Run?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tregard (141 posts) -

Would anyone else like to see the Giant Bomb team do an indefinate Endurance Run of Minecraft? I don't think I'd ever get bored of it to be honest.

#2 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -

Just a quick look. Maybe a short short series (like 3 episodes)

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

There will be no endurance runs for a long long time. Stop askin for them. 

They are busy with other stuff and even stated in a tweet they are done with ER. 

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Only a quicklook and seriously stop with the damn ER suggestions. They put off the ER a month for every one of these threads so having fun waiting till 2013.

#5 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

There's no goal. So no.

#6 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU   

#7 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Not for this game. However if they aren't even open to any ERs coming in the foreseeable future I might as well unsubscribe.

#8 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -

No.

#9 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" There will be no endurance runs for a long long time. Stop askin for them.  They are busy with other stuff and even stated in a tweet they are done with ER.  "
Thanks, industry insider.
#10 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5266 posts) -

no

#11 Posted by Tregard (141 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" Only a quicklook and seriously stop with the damn ER suggestions. They put off the ER a month for every one of these threads so having fun waiting till 2013. "
I was only suggesting, no need to get angry about it.
#12 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

Because you're asking, it will never happen. 

@Tregard said: 

@Afroman269 said: 

" Only a quicklook and seriously stop with the damn ER suggestions. They put off the ER a month for every one of these threads so having fun waiting till 2013. "
I was only suggesting, no need to get angry about it. "
But he's right.  The number of these threads is quite irritating and even the staff have made comments before stating how the numbers of these threads is annoying.  Drew even made a thread basically joking about those who posted these threads a while ago.  There's no use to it at all.    
#13 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Because you're asking, it will never happen. 

@Tregard said: 

@Afroman269 said: 

But he's right.  The number of these threads is quite irritating and even the staff have made comments before stating how the numbers of these threads is annoying.  Drew even made a thread basically joking about those who posted these threads a while ago.  There's no use to it at all.     "
I was going to reply but you took care of that for me. So ya this.
#14 Posted by Tregard (141 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@Tregard said: 

@Afroman269 said: 

But he's right.  The number of these threads is quite irritating and even the staff have made comments before stating how the numbers of these threads is annoying.  Drew even made a thread basically joking about those who posted these threads a while ago.  There's no use to it at all.     "
I've made one. I don't come on here often and I made a single thread about the matter. I had no idea of the amount of ER threads are made.
#15 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Nooo...a pretty long QL would be nice though.

#16 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" They are busy with other stuff and even stated in a tweet they are done with ER.  "
You lie sir!!! 

I won't believe it.
#17 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -
@Tregard said:

" I've made one. I don't come on here often and I made a single thread about the matter. I had no idea of the amount of ER threads are made. "

Yes, you've made one.  So have dozens of other users.  Searching "Endurance Run" in the forum search bar would have shown you how many threads on the topic have been made.  This doesn't motivate them to do a Minecraft Endurance Run; it does the opposite. 

@X19 said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" They are busy with other stuff and even stated in a tweet they are done with ER.  "
You lie sir!!!   I won't believe it. "
They said the same thing at the end of the Persona 4 ER.  Maybe they say that so everyone can shut up about a certain game they like being suggested as an ER.
#18 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

No

Also, I personally would rather see all personnel / time-resources go into quicklooks than into another ER.

#19 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" There will be no endurance runs for a long long time. Stop askin for them.  They are busy with other stuff and even stated in a tweet they are done with ER.  "
#20 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

Even outside of the annoyance over ER threads, I think a game without any real plot would be awful for an Erun, like what made P4 and DP interesting was listening to their reactions to the story/character interactions.

#21 Posted by MysteriousFawx (383 posts) -

Ignoring ER ideas....now that multiplayer alpha servers are working as intended again, Minecraft TNT? Would just be a sea of confusion and grief :D

#22 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

I would like for people to stop asking about endurance runs.

#23 Posted by Milkman (16810 posts) -

I hate you.

#24 Posted by Devil240Z (3374 posts) -

Speculating on future ERs should be total taboo.  

#25 Edited by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Has there been a thread asking for a Dwarf Fortress ER yet? If not, I'm calling it now. 

Edit: Calling the fact there will be a thread made asking for it, not calling that there will be an ER of it. That'd be stupid.

#26 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

hey OP. 

go make your own shut the fuck up endurance run

#27 Posted by fez_soni (78 posts) -

I don't know how many more of these threads we can endure

#28 Posted by JammyJesus (770 posts) -

Urgh, another ER thread. Is anyone going to realise that creating an ER thread equals instant hate from the rest of the community?
#29 Posted by adoggz (2068 posts) -
@Pie said:
" Just a quick look. Maybe a short short series (like 3 episodes) "
I agree, a short series in minecraft would be interesting, but not too long.
#30 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

I love how they can post some obscure Twitter info about Endurance Run and then every fan-boy rages when someone doesn't know.

#31 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

something like the STO beta would be fine

#32 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

oh god no, just no. anyway, this is the last time i post on a minecraft thing, getting kinda fanboyish here in giant bomb

#33 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Aronman789 said:
" oh god no, just no. anyway, this is the last time i post on a minecraft thing, getting kinda fanboyish here in giant bomb "
how?
#34 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -
@fentonalpha said:
" I love how they can post some obscure Twitter info about Endurance Run and then every fan-boy rages when someone doesn't know. "
What are you referring to?
#35 Edited by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
@Symphony said:

" Has there been a thread asking for a Dwarf Fortress ER yet? If not, I'm calling it now.  Edit: Calling the fact there will be a thread made asking for it, not calling that there will be an ER of it. That'd be stupid. "

Yep because ASCII symbols is way more exciting than minecraft. But your right, someone will try it.

Both games would make terrible ERs though
#36 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" @Symphony said:

" Has there been a thread asking for a Dwarf Fortress ER yet? If not, I'm calling it now.  Edit: Calling the fact there will be a thread made asking for it, not calling that there will be an ER of it. That'd be stupid. "

Yep because ASCII symbols is way more exciting than minecraft. But your right, someone will try it.  Both games would make terrible ERs though "
I had more issues with the damned feathers for AC2. But I did plat that game after a wile. Annoying as hell. 
#37 Posted by kollay (1929 posts) -

#38 Posted by Tregard (141 posts) -
@Ryax:  that's real nice, you talk to all newer forum members like that?
#39 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Tregard said:
" @Ryax:  that's real nice, you talk to all newer forum members like that? "
as a matter of fact i do.
#40 Posted by InfamousBIG (3201 posts) -
@Tregard said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:

@Tregard said: 

@Afroman269 said: 

I've made one. I don't come on here often and I made a single thread about the matter. I had no idea of the amount of ER threads are made. "
That's why there's...a search button?
#41 Posted by Tenshin (98 posts) -

It's still in alpha. No. :P

#42 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -
@JammyJesus said:
"Urgh, another ER thread. Is anyone going to realise that creating an ER thread equals instant hate from the rest of the community? "

If the OP hadn't realized it, he probably does now...
#43 Posted by ZombiePie (5675 posts) -

Locking as per original poster's request.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.