Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft Enters Into Beta On December 20

• 55 results
    Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Ravenousrattler

been playing for a few weeks, still finding new stuff to build.Can't wait for new stuff in beta.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#52  Edited By LordAndrew
    @afrofools said:
    " I'd rather pay twice if I can have it on my Steam account. Rather not have to keep track of passwords etc for something I'd play occasionally. "
    You can have it remember your password. And don't expect the login screen to go away if it ever becomes available on Steam, because it's not just a mere anti-piracy measure. You need that for multi-player; it's your online identity.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#53  Edited By LordAndrew

Oh, and I want to add that Brad II has chosen an poor image to represent Minecraft. That screenshot is from the Classic version of Minecraft, which hasn't been updated in over a year. If we're talking about leaving Alpha and going into Beta, shouldn't a screenshot from Alpha be used?

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Potter9156
    @Crono said:
    " @Potter9156 said:

" So, pay a higher price to beta test, then when it releases for real, pay an even higher price for the actual game.   Huh. "

Well if that is a genuine concern you can read below for what I would consider a decent conjecture of the thought process behind the pricing.  Yes, it doesn't sound like it makes much sense until you realize it is an indie developer.  The money that alpha/betas/whatevers give him are used to continue funding the game's development.  Due to the success of the game even during its alpha stage, 'Notch' was able to hire some staff as well as get an office space.  I'm sure he's also banked a lot of it too, don't get me wrong, but it is being used as "start up" cash in a lot of ways too.    So he has given incentive to early adopters who helped make the game a success, when it goes beta, those people will have to pay slightly more and will only have to buy expansions.  Notch has clarified on his twitter that expansions do not mean just some content and new worlds, expansions will offer MUCH MUCH more and that a lot of content will be added completely for free.  How that makes one feel is up to the individual.  As for paying more for retail, well... to me it makes sense.  The point of the alpha and beta periods are to develop the game.  The point of retail is to make profits.  Don't get me wrong since I realize that overall the whole process from A to Z is mainly about making a successful game where success is defined by profit (and also acclaim, I am sure). "

Makes sense. Didn't know he was forming a dev. studio. 
    Avatar image for residentgangster
    ResidentGangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By ResidentGangster

Wondering whether Notch will patch up the booster cart situation, or let the bug stick around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.