Minecraft Guide

#1 Posted by Brenderous (1079 posts) -

Think it's worth making a Minecraft guide on giantbomb when there's already a minecraft wiki?

#2 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

Maybe if you focused the guide on something like "tips and tricks." As long as you present something new, I don't see why not.

#3 Posted by Mitch0712 (433 posts) -

no i would say just use the wiki, if anyone is looking for it click this

#4 Posted by LordAndrew (13988 posts) -

If you've got something useful that Minepedia won't accept, go ahead. Otherwise, it's probably not worth duplicating the effort.

#5 Edited by hedfone (1748 posts) -

hit blocks with stuff 
/thread

#6 Posted by Devil240Z (3054 posts) -

for me the wiki is a bit overwhelming. I kinda want some kind of basic starter guide. 

#7 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -
@Devil240Z: 

#8 Posted by Teaspoon83 (620 posts) -

I would say that a brief tutorial is nice so you actually know what to do to survive your first night but beyond that, it really should be left to exploration. Watching the guy's videos and the series he ran, I learned a lot but feel like I could have had more fun initially learning the way you you survived and the items you can craft. 

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@hedfone said:
" hit blocks with stuff  /thread "
lmao
#10 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@jim_dandy:  That video was the single most important thing in me getting into Minecraft.

Realizing the basics of how the crafting system works is so vital.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.