MineCraft look a like sneaks on to the App store, lawsuit anyone?

#1 Edited by Hizang (8533 posts) -

MineCraft is soon to be released as an official product and out of beta shortly, something I am a hell of a lot of other people are excited for. Well a new game called Crafted has been let in to the App store, it is a mix of MineCraft and Terraria. It even has a lot of the same things in it such as Creepers and menus and such. The game will probably go away, and it's a good thing too, a few videos reveal it to be just awful.

Lawsuit in 3,2,1...
#2 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

By the look of that screenshot I wouldn't recommend anyone snag it.

#3 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1736 posts) -

Apple's criminally laxed with this type of stuff, though the Android marketplace seems to be better. There's a ton of copyright infringing apps out there and there's not much anyone can do about it, or at least have done about it. The only isntace I can think of where legal action was taken was The Blocks Cometh, and that was because someone stole an entire game.

#4 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

I saw a youtube video of this. It looked terrible.

#5 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

That's Minecraft alright. 

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

No lawsuit, they'll just have to win a game of Quake against Mojang to retain their IP.

#7 Posted by Village_Guy (2507 posts) -

Looks like a horrible game that ripped as much as they could from Minecraft and plastered it onto a 2D game...

#8 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

It looks like the original Prince of Persia.

#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@Brackynews: Love the blurb for Total Miner:

This Xbox Live Indie Game is a blatant duplicate of Minecraft, trying to cash in on the better game's success on a console it is not available for. Once Minecraft is released on Live Arcade, no one will ever play Total Miner ever again.

#11 Posted by Brackynews (4049 posts) -

@LordAndrew: Agreed. So cheeky! :)

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

There are so many of these already that have been around for ages now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.