Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition released May 9th at 1600 MS Points

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By bibamatt
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

...seems a bit too much when the PC version has loads and loads and loads of mods.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Screw that, Trials Evolution on April 18th!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By kindgineer

...those comments on the blog are just funny to me. People bitch and whine whenever they can when something changes. Don't want Minecraft for 1,600? Don't buy it for christ's sake. If the mentality is it's an inferior product, then buy one of the cheaper indie games that do the exact same thing for 1/5th the price.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bibamatt

@ccampb89: Agreed. I, personally, know I will get 1600 points of fun out of it. It's definitely worth that to me. Hell, some people spent that on a Saints Row season pass. And how much fun did they get out of that?

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By kmg90

That price would be tolerable if the game wasn't so gimped. I do like the theory of some that the recent change to 400 GS for Arcade games is to allow for higher priced games...

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By cutyoface

That is way to much. It should of been 1200 at most.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By louiedog

@kmg90 said:

That price would be tolerable if the game wasn't so gimped. I do like the theory of some that the recent change to 400 GS for Arcade games is to allow for higher priced games...

It's 1600 msp because it's an insanely popular game and $20 on the PC as well. I'm not saying it'll work out in terms of sales, but that's why. There are three other games in this promotion with 400 GS. Trials which is the same as it's predecessor, the best selling game on the service, there's Fable at 800 GS which has one of the console's biggest brands attached, and there's Bloodforge at 1200 msp which looks on par with the other dozens of 1200 msp releases.

It's not even the first 1600 msp game. It's the 6th by my recollection after both Sam & Max games, Puzzle Quest Galactrix, Watchmen Part 1, and Penny Arcade Episode 1.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jozzy

Seems a little steep to me, but I will probably pick it up if it has split screen co-op. Would be cool to build stuff with my son.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Sooty

Not the sort of game I will ever want to play on a controller

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love all the people acting like 1600 points is something new, heralding the dawn of a slightly more expensive digital download service.

Puzzle Quest Galactrix was 1600. The Sam and Max games. I think the Watchmen games too. People really need to pay more attention.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

It's still not as expensive as dragon age origins: Awakening. Now that was pricey

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ckeats

It's all part of the plan. 1600 points for Minecraft, 1200 for everything else. Microsoft points cards come in 1400.

Gotta sell that avatar gear somehow.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

I can already play it on my TV with a 360 controller. Why would I pay for a shittier version?

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bibamatt

@Ravenlight said:

I can already play it on my TV with a 360 controller. Why would I pay for a shittier version?

I guess for people that don't already have it then this is a cheaper way of getting it? It costs less than the PC version. Not to mention people that don't have their PCs connected to their TVs. And people that might want to play it split-screen co-op. That, for one, sounds fucking amazing to me.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60

I see absolutely no point on getting it on 360. It's incredibly gimped in comparison to the PC version.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Cincaid

Getting this and Trials at least. Will see how the Fable game and Bloodforge turns out before I decide on those.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By louiedog

@ckeats said:

It's all part of the plan. 1600 points for Minecraft, 1200 for everything else. Microsoft points cards come in 1400.

Gotta sell that avatar gear somehow.

Not in the US, which is probably the single biggest market. I'm guessing where you live 1400 points is close to an even denomination like 20 so it works out poorly, but it's not like that for everyone.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ckeats

@louiedog: Huh. That's interesting. I'm in canada and points cards come in 1400 and 2800 denominations for $19.99 and $39.99 respectively.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By louiedog

@ckeats said:

@louiedog: Huh. That's interesting. I'm in canada and points cards come in 1400 and 2800 denominations for $19.99 and $39.99 respectively.

Here in the US it's $19.99 for 1600 msp and $49.99 for 4000 msp. It works out pretty well for us. With the exception of some sale prices, some DLC, and avatar/pics/themes (if you're into that stuff) most purchases leave you with multiples of 400 msp left over.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bibamatt

@louiedog: In the UK, they're sold in 800, 2100 and 4200 packs. So two 800 packs and you're set for Minecraft!

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
    LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I think about it can you even do anything in the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft which is just common place in the PC version? Like changing skins, texture packs, installing adventure maps, frequent free updates and so forth.

I wonder if they'll be charging/microtransactioning (that's not even a word) for Minecraft skins, professionally made adventure maps, texture packs and whatnot.

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Artigkar

@ckeats: When going to my local gamestop store here in norway to buy MS points cards they come

in 800, 1200, 2100 and I think even 4200 points (expensive as hell though).

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By DoctorWelch

Yeah, this is basically going to become like the Orange Box version of Team Fortress. The game on PC compared to the console one will basically be completely different.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Is there no split screen in the PC version? That's the thing I'm interested to see. I've been waiting to try this game and I'm sure the PC version has many more options in the form of mods, but spit screen would be fun in my situation.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: No split screen on the PC.

Interested to see what people think about the 360 version of this and exactly how gimped it ends up being. Have no interest in it personally after playing the PC version for so long, but I guess this is cool for people who haven't played it on the PC (which will play on pretty much any PC...why aren't you people playing it on the PC?).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go ahead and assume that Alpha owners of Minecraft aren't getting a free copy of the Xbox version. I'm not bitter, I wouldn't play the 360 version, I'm sure some people are disappointed though.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MoseSSesoM

If there is a demo I will try it.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@MoseSSesoM said:

If there is a demo I will try it.

All XBLA games have trials

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Magicallystoopid

@zudthespud said:

I'm going to go ahead and assume that Alpha owners of Minecraft aren't getting a free copy of the Xbox version. I'm not bitter, I wouldn't play the 360 version, I'm sure some people are disappointed though.

Honestly as an Alpha owner of the original Minecraft I'm not expecting it. I'd like it, but I'm not expecting it.

Regardless I'm picking this up easily, I'd love to be able to set up a nice private game for my friends and I with an easier format than on the PC. (Buy server space, manage it, etc etc)

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sirdesmond

I'm still possibility considering this because of the split screen aspect, but other than that, this is way too much money for that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Magicallystoopid said:

@zudthespud said:

Honestly as an Alpha owner of the original Minecraft I'm not expecting it. I'd like it, but I'm not expecting it.

Regardless I'm picking this up easily, I'd love to be able to set up a nice private game for my friends and I with an easier format than on the PC. (Buy server space, manage it, etc etc)

Yeah I'm not expecting it either but it did say when I bought Alpha I would get all future versions of the game, it didn't specify platforms. I think if anyone was really bothered about it you would have valid grounds to complain.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vexxan

@dekkadekkadekka said:

Screw that, Trials Evolution on April 18th!

Exactly! Who needs Minecraft on the 360 anyway...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.