Minecraft Xbox own features.

#1 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Notch wants the Xbox version of minecraft to have a life of it's own. To has exclusive items or features. What are some features/items you would add to the game? I'm thinking maybe a rotating block. It would he kind of like a piston but it would move the block its attached to 90 degree angles. So people can make drawbridges or something else cool.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@SexyToad said:
Notch wants the Xbox version of minecraft to have a life of it's own. To has exclusive items or features. What are some features/items you would add to the game? I'm thinking maybe a rotating block. It would he kind of like a piston but it would move the block its attached to 90 degree angles. So people can make drawbridges or something else cool.
Mods on PC do that. 
#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

This is a Xbox minecraft discussion!

#4 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@SexyToad said:

This is a Xbox minecraft discussion!

That means it would not be unique to 360. All ready the drop in thing with friends list makes the 360 version quite nice. Course if Jeb merges online and offline for PC it will be easier there as well. 
#5 Posted by august (3845 posts) -

Yeah all the cool features that could implemented on the console version that you couldn't do on pc!
 
Like... uh...
 
hmm.

#6 Posted by benpicko (2008 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@SexyToad said:

This is a Xbox minecraft discussion!

That means it would not be unique to 360. All ready the drop in thing with friends list makes the 360 version quite nice. Course if Jeb merges online and offline for PC it will be easier there as well.

I'm pretty sure he did that in one of the new snapshots, or something like that.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@benpicko said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@SexyToad said:

This is a Xbox minecraft discussion!

That means it would not be unique to 360. All ready the drop in thing with friends list makes the 360 version quite nice. Course if Jeb merges online and offline for PC it will be easier there as well.

I'm pretty sure he did that in one of the new snapshots, or something like that.

They are waiting to see what the community thinks about it. Cause if they do it  you can not pause the game any more. Plus it might make modding a little harder (installing part) Course Id love to show off my world right now to others. 
#8 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

They actually already have added something. The maps in the xbox version now have X Y Z cords on it ever since the last update.

#9 Posted by yoshisaur (2717 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@SexyToad said:
Notch wants the Xbox version of minecraft to have a life of it's own. To has exclusive items or features. What are some features/items you would add to the game? I'm thinking maybe a rotating block. It would he kind of like a piston but it would move the block its attached to 90 degree angles. So people can make drawbridges or something else cool.
Mods on PC do that.

I think you mis-understand the point of the thread. It's to diversify the Xbox 360 from the PC version, not the modded client. Any and all modders know that Notch doesn't give a shit about modders when it comes to updates so I don't think he even thinks about the modded client when he refers to uniqueness. Also, there are so many mods out there I don't think there is much material that hasn't already been done in the first place.

If there was one thing I would want Notch to add to the 360 version it would be the RedPower mod. The ability to route several different currents within the same block space is phenomenal for some intense and complex contraptions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.