Minecraft.net Taken Over?

#1 Edited by punkycrisps (27 posts) -

I just got home from work (about 4:30 CST), and found my MC client couldn't connect to minecraft.net. Then, I tried to just *go* to the site, only to be redirected to some site called Room Key, which appears to be some kind of hotel reservation site (that I've never heard of). I didn't click on anything, nor did I even wait for the page to fully load (and, wow, it was slow). Is this some kind of crazy joke? Or is something strange going on here? Reddit is down too, so this ends up being the only place I know to go for anything related to MC that isn't their own site.

*Edit*

Whelp, looks like it has something to do with this: http://www.zdnet.com/amazon-cloud-down-reddit-github-other-major-sites-affected-7000006166/

#2 Posted by Drebin_893 (2906 posts) -

Giant Bomb got fucked up last time Amazon's servers went down, didn't it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.